INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Delisting the wolf  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Delisting the wolf
« on: January 04, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Idaho needs our help in delisting the wolf from federal protection and turning it over to state management.
Here is a web site that you can sign a petition to turn it over to state management. It needs to be signed before January 10
 http://www.delistwolvesnow.com/  th.
Its time that each state should get to decide what happens with game management in that state rather than the federal govt.

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Delisting the wolf
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
You betcha,
Its done!
We need to get the same thing done for our Wild horse population.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Just sent last night. Though from the looks of it out of staters will not carry weight like a resident would.

Just an observation....would still send even if it wasn't counted at all because I'm all for this- restoring wolves - I'm reminded of a joke I was told by a landowner in Wyoming in 2000.

Seems a biologist with lots of degrees was brought in to discuss wolf problems with sheep farmers- seems the wolves were NOT messing with deer and elk and opting for the easier sheep as a food source and in the process really impacting the ranchers' herds.

The biologist went through a reasoned discussion of how they were going to give the wolves birth control meds using a dart system - after quite a few minutes of explanation a rancher dressed in work jeans and a faded cowboy hat stood up and said "excuse me, Sir, but I don't think you understand...these wolves ain't trying to XXXXX our sheep, they're EATIN' EM!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 01:25:00 AM »
Im surprised,that this topic,hasnt generated more dialog.Have people just got tired of disscusing it,on the internet?
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
The simple truth is petitions and noise aren't going to do anything about this. The ESA is a nightmare in this country and Congress is in no hurry to change a feel good Act.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline JStark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
I work in this field, & just wanted to mention that in these cases, state residents don't carry any more weight than other Americans.  Right or wrong, the thinking is that when an issue is deemed a federal issue, then all Americans carry equal weight in commentary.  In fact if you were to send in a public comment stating that wolves are actually aliens from Mars and we therefore must give them all wreaths, it has to be given equal weight.
Because of this, the most important thing during public commentary is the number of people sharing a point.  If the numbers in favor of delisting far outnumber those opposing, then there is a much better chance for that happening.
Through education, appreciation;
through appreciation, protection.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
Well ALLL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©