INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Thanks for stepping up guys. A new issue is looming, I'll let you all know when.  (Read 2029 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The Texas Trophy Hunters Association has a cartoon running in their current magazine. I have posted a link to the cartoon and contact information for this group. They need some e-mails from bowhunters letting them know we don't see humor in a hunting magazine that disparages bowhunting and feeds the anti cause. Please take the time to look at the thread and fire off an e-mail.

Thank you,
Dave
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Dan Chamberlain

• Trad Bowhunter
Okay, I'm an idiot.  Where's the HIP forum?

Dan

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
I couldnt get the link to work. ???
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I posted the cartoon. Took me a couple minutes to reformat it. I don't know why it stopped working from here. It still works on another site where I posted it to get the compound guys on their case.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hunting Issues and Politics Dan, lol, sorry about that.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
I made a post of what I sent them in my email... That is sick in my book...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
These kind of folks are as big a threat as the WHA in my book. Hunters reinforcing the crap that the anti's try to use against us is intolerable. They need to be slapped hard by folks who know better. So please everyone let them hear from us.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks V.

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the heads up, i sent them my opinion!!
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
I couldn't get the link to work, but did find it on thier site. When I tried to open it my security program would not let me.. Told me it was loaded with "Malware".. If you opened it you might want to run a scan on your computer
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Email Sent. What a dumb thing for them to do.

Ted

Offline infosponge

• Trad Bowhunter
where's the link? I went to the site but I didn't find this thing---did they pull it already?
Vegetarian--old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
There is a copy of the cartoon in the hunting issues forum here. They have posted a big appology and say they will put it in the next magazine. Still doesn't make what they did right.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
Typical, only partial information. A deer wounded buy an arrow has way more chance of survival than one wounded with a bullet. Bullet wounded deer, due to the bullet shock factor, nearly always die according to a study I read about.
 People might see an arrow wounded deer moving about in the country but never see the bullet killed deer laying back in the woods. That is where statistics come from right?
--------------------------------
To some, the truth is what they want to see, not what really is. R2
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
show ya what ur dealing with , egnorant people, just consider the source, marco#78  :thumbsup:  they dont have clue...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sent email!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The sad part about even their forum site is that it's all about listing their victory gear and antler worship.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I recieved the following email today,,, I hope they mean it!

Mr. Weed,

Please find attached our letter of apology. This cartoon was not approved by the management of our organization prior to publication nor do we support its message. We sincerely apologize.

Joe Betar
Chief Operating Officer
American Trophy Hunters Association
email: [email protected]
(210) 523-8500
(800) 800-3207
FAX (210) 523-8871

December 28, 2006

In regards to: The "Bowhuntin' Startin' Kit" cartoon printed in the Jan./Feb. 2007 issue of the Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters Association and the Journal of the Alabama Trophy Hunters Association

Dear members of the Texas Trophy Hunters Association, Alabama Trophy Hunters Association and readers of the Journal of the Texas Trophy Hunters Association and the Journal of the Alabama Trophy Hunters Association,

Please allow us to offer our personal and sincere apology to each one of you.

The cartoon entitled “Bowhuntin' Startin' Kit", published in the Jan./Feb. issue of the Journals, in no way reflects our view of bowhunting or more specifically bowhunters. There is no excuse for an item of poor taste, such as this, slipping through the editorial review process. We have taken immediate steps including an emergency meeting of management and editorial staff which will result in disciplinary actions and a more strict review process. A statement of explanation and apology will be printed in the next several issues of the Journals.

In no way does the management of this organization find the cartoon to be humorous nor do we support this view of bowhunting. We are as angry about this as you are! As a matter of fact, we are avid bowhunters ourselves!

We will continue to strive to support the rights of the hunting community and hunters, be it bow or gun. We just hope you understand that when you have a company with as many employees as we have there always a chance something can go wrong. No question about it- this is wrong! I will personally see to it that this will never happen again. Please forward my response to anyone who is an offended bowhunter.

Please accept our deepest and most sincere apology. We are available to you for comment or questions at any time.

Respectfully yours,

Jerry Johnston, President and Founder

Texas Trophy Hunters Association

Leroy Sisco

Chief Executive Officer

Joe Betar

Chief Operating Officer
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lots of guys got these letters, we'll see what happens next issue.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline yth-mnstr

• Trad Bowhunter
Not that it means much, but I'll vouch for the trophy hunter guys.  I actually bowhunt with a few of their fine staff and they're good people who made a mistake.
justin ammons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©