INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Not exactly Trad archery related, but a concern!  (Read 994 times)

Offline pintail_drake2004

• Trad Bowhunter
Not exactly Trad archery related, but a concern!
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Hey yall, and mods if this is not the right place for this im sorry, we have been seeing alot of articles here lately in the local papers about Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD) in the deer herds. Some have reported that they have found many deer dead by local bodies of water. Most people agree that when cooked properly the meat is safe to eat. Have any of you seen this where your from? In my part of the county there are 45-55 deer/mi sq. I hope this dont wipe them out before i get a chance to use my new trad equipment this year.
Anyone else been haveing problems like this?
Pintail

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not exactly Trad archery related, but a concern!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
I've heard that it is also on the Mo. side of the river.
About 15 years ago it went through the St. Charles Mo. area. The herds were large before and small after.
I think it took about 4 or 5 years for the herds to build back.
It's not harmful to humans. The deer die because the small knat like bugs get into their nose and throats and make it hard for them to breath, they die near water seeking relief.
Hope it doesn't get too bad.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not exactly Trad archery related, but a concern!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
EHD IS SHOWING UP IN SOUTHWEST PA. SEVERAL COUNTIES HAVE REPORTED SOME DIE OFF BUT, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, THE NUMBERS HAVE BEEN FAIRLY LIMITED.
JED
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©