INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Look at this garbage  (Read 2917 times)

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
Look at this garbage
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Look at this garbage
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Wow, that article is a work of art.  I guess Joe, the author, doesn't like hunting.  Chose your words carefully if responding.
Goose
Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
If that wasn't driven by anti hunting sentiment then I don't know what is.  That has to be the most ludicrous thing I've read in a while, and of course it gets published.  Sad.   "[dntthnk]"
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
If he really believed what he said; he would be a total fool to say what he said.   :rolleyes:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
I can't remember the exact term for that kind of hypothesis(been a long time since my psyche degree that I don't use) but using the same type of science would be to say if he was wearing blue jeans, anyone wearing bluejeans is likely to commit murder. Etc.

Playing on emotions and words there.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
Uh Oh! I've been coaching softball for 9 years and I have access to all kinds of baseball bats. I better get evaluated before I use a bat to beat someone to death!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
I hope no one here is a professional chef. So many knives!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Sad article indeed.
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline Hunter John

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
And as responsible members of society how should we respond to such rubbish,sure reading that makes you mad but that won,t accomplish anything.
I am a man
and I can change
if I have to
I guess.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 02:33:00 PM »
Facts and the lack of true underlying proof to any of his claims.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
'DAMN"  :(
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline GRAYBEARD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 03:46:00 PM »
THAT IS ABOUT THE MOST DISTURBING PIECE I'VE SEEN IN  A VERY LONG TIME.
TGMM Family of the Bow; Make every heartbeat a party, the next one is not guaranteed!

Offline elkbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
in todays progressive lifestyle ladies and gentlemen,the media is driving our future generations into a civilization of anti-hunters.we try to ignore them but they just get stronger and more plentiful,one day ,we better acknowledge them as a real threat to our beliefs and lifestyle.
kevin moore

Offline Angus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
This whole thing's a joke, especially given the fact that it's from the "sportsman's paradise".  Isn't that what Louisiana calls itself?  I'm of two minds; first, to not pay any attention to this garbage-spewing moron, and second, not to worry about the alleged impact of what he claims.  This sort of drivel probably would make sense in Berkeley, and we all know where they're at!
Traditional Bowhunters of Washington

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Folks who vote and live in fear read this stuff and it influences them. We can't continue to ignore things especially since we are such a minority. We need the public informed with the truth not anti rhetoric and pseudo-science.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Scott J. Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
I wish I had not read that crap, I felt compelled to express my thoughts, not sure if it means anything though.  Below was my response, I attempted to keep my blood pressure down, you guys let me know if I succeeded.

**************************************************************************************************
Reprint from the post at the above link

I am no longer surprised by the statements people make in public anymore.  It is difficult, but possible to discuss things that have an emotional componet, as long as we use logic, and facts.

It was an unfortunate act, however I am moved to ask when someone commits an act with a "motor vehicle" where was the outrage, or the call to action to require "psychological evaluations" for all people operating a motor vehicle?

Let's not stop there, if that is reasonable to make hunters take the test,  let's have anyone eating a meal,  take a test because people get killed with a knives, yes even butter knives.

I feel qualified to make such statements, after all I am a Cop, 26 years in the Houston Police Department, working in an Investigative Unit.

I have seen people bludgeoned to death, with baseball bats,  let's make everyone who plays baseball have to take a test.

You can argue, and have a good arguement, that anyone who would take the life of another is "Nuts".  You can find all kinds of excuses to blame everyone but the person who commits the crime.  That seems to be a classic course of thought for "Liberals".  

Where do we stop sir,  do we make everyone who is capable of fathering a child or having a baby take a Psych test because we have parents killing, starving, or raising their kids to become problems for society? Welcome to "Big Brother!

It would seem, correct me if I am wrong, that you have a problem with people who hunt. It also seems likely that you have very little understanding of hunters, and that there is a difference between taking game, and taking a life.  Just for the record, it might be a good idea in the future that you do some home work.

It is alright for you to write what you feel, but to have it based on no facts at all, how can you call yourself a journalist? Oh, that's right, you are above it all, and smarter than the masses.  Good reading should be facts, let us make up our own minds. If you want to make your case, you should have facts.  However it is clear that you could not put facts in your article because they would not support your allegation.

Let us not forget personal responsibility, account ability.  Let me give you a quick example,  just because a child is sexually abuse does not mean he or she will abuse.  It does happen, that's unfortunate, but it is not a given.  

I learned that from two people who I know  are fine people.  In their words, "a person will do what they want to do".  I guess it is about choice, sort of like your choice to write that trash.  I served in the United States Airforce to protect you right to speak, say, or write what you want.  I am proud of that, but that will not excuse you of your responsibility to be responsible.  In that, you have failed sir. Shame on you!
Black Widow SAV Recurve 60inch "Ironwood" 62@28
Black Widow PLX longbow 62inch "Osage" 52@26

Offline brettlandon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
The only folks who read this drivel and believe it are people with mush for brains.  Too bad for supermarkets.  They enable those who could not find food on their own.  If there were a ban on groceries for just 2 months, only the hunters would survive.  Just MHO.

-Brett

P.S.  California Chef stabs intruder to death with of all things, a chef's knife.  Just another example of how cooking brings out the worst in people.  :biglaugh:
Excellence is achieved, not purchased.

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by upatree:
 http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20080212/OPINION03/802120318/1031  

I can not believe the paper printed this!
MORE INFORMATION FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO CALL THE PAPERS EDITOR.

The managing editor number is 985 850 1149 her name is Dee Dee.

Let her have it for printing trash like this.
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
Actually treat her well and do everything you can to get her to print rebuttals. Appeal to her objective journalistic side(as if there is such a thing anymore). Not knowing her reader base, attacking her could only serve for her to print more such trash and only picking letters from outraged hunters who sound like they would be good candidates for just such a program. Don't ever underestimate the intelligence or cunning of the antis. They have been getting more success than I care for and it's not from being stupid..
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline elkbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
todays media has mostly lost its ability for fair honest journalism.we see it everyday on tv,good news of any kind does not sale,we have entered the world of shock news.we saw it comming,springer show,stearn show.we are being overtaken by not fact based info but by self rightess opinions.it is with deep regret that i say this but i'm afraid that while we were out pursuing our hunt that peta and other related organizations have waged war on us and we did not hear the call to arms by our honorable comrads.choose your words wisely,for they can and will be used against US ALL!
kevin moore

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©