INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Vote Against The Crossbow  (Read 1573 times)

Offline tomwatson

• Trad Bowhunter
Vote Against The Crossbow
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Hey everyone, I saw this post on the Michigan Longbow Forum. I have answered already. Follow the link.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10366_52045-202048--,00.html

I just learned about this on another site. Please take the time to vote in opposition to any expansion of crossbows in MI. As a member of the MBH, I feel compelled to alert everyone about this oppertunity to have your voice heard. I am aware that I am also alerting the full intrusion crowd of this vote but in todays age of computers, they will learn about it anyway. Also, I'm certain there are far more people in favor of keeping the archery season in it's traditional form than those that seek to make this unpopular change. Pass the word.
“To chase game with the ghosts of other hunters from other times-that's all he really asks." - The Restless Spirit.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vote Against The Crossbow
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »
Good looking out Tom.  :)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Great Jashu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »
Thanks Tom, I hope everyone of our members take advantage of this.
No hunter should feel guilty for killing a deer that doesnt meet someone else's expectations.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
It appears that it is another one of those polls that you can votes as often as you like. Wish everyone could vote once and call it good so it could be accurate.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Greywolfy/U.P. of Mi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
I couldn't figure out how to see the results of the survey.
"It's not about you." - Opening sentance from Rick Warren's book, 'The Purpose Driven Life'

Offline tomwatson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 07:59:00 AM »
The good news is that most of the options do not call for the crossgun in our Archery Season (OCT 1-Nov 14). I think the current rules are just fine, but if we have to give a little to keep the crossgun away from our Archery season, I could live with the use of the crossgun during the Muzzleloader season.

Tom
“To chase game with the ghosts of other hunters from other times-that's all he really asks." - The Restless Spirit.

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:17:00 PM »
done and done!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline EDW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Put in my 2 cents. I hope the crossbow never makes it into regular archery season.
EDW

Offline LONGBOWSFOX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
PUT MY VOTE IN TOO.  THESE CROSS/GUNS ARE JUST "NOT" ANYTHING TO DO WITH ARCHERY !!  WHAT ARE WE GOING TO SEE NEXT ?  3-D SHOOTS WITH CROSS BOWS PEOPLE WALKING ALONG AT FULL DRAW BEHIND YOU.?
LONGBOWSFOX

Offline EDW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Just read Eric Sharp's column in the Detroit Free Press. He's for allowing the crossgun in regular archery season now.  I used have some respect for him but not anymore. Read the piece at
 www.freep.com
   Sorry I don't know how to post the link.
EDW

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:33:00 AM »
Well here are those dreaded words again ( from Eric Sharp)
 "But rather than argue about whether people should be able to use crossbows, we should try to convince the NRC to require all archery hunters to pass a simple shooting competency test before they can get a permit.

I would rather see a deer license issued to a crossbow archer who can put five arrows in a 6-inch group at 25 yards than to a compound bow shooter who can't make a 10-inch group at that distance."
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline crossstickspro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »
Sorry,
People, is it not enough that the state government wants to own the deer that occure naturally? While I do understand that they need to be managed properly, I do not understand why we need to be told why, when or HOW we need to hunt. I choose to hunt with traditional equipment.  Why should other people not have the same choice?  
Larry McNew
Crossstickspro, Not my name ... more of a goal

Offline crossstickspro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
Can you all imagin?????
YOU know What? Think of it, we all have the ability of hunting during archery season, What are the hunters to do that can not enjoy archery season?  Is it ok for them to use a "cross gun"?
And if so what is the difference in an able bodied vs. crossbowman?
In Texas all you need is a Dr. permit to hunt with a Crossbow, and If you can not draw or hold 40lbs "safley" then you can get a permit.
I Have a perferate disc in the ceriberal and lumbar region of my spine legaly I can get a permit but I can hunt with my 68# longbow or my 70# compound with no problem. so I leave you with the same question as above. Who should justify what is legal hunting means, and what is not?
Larry McNew
Crossstickspro, Not my name ... more of a goal

Offline KILLER B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
I choose to hunt with a bow made by me from a stick and with a string that i made.  Should i be upset that some of you want to use fiberglass bows.  Or be completly offended that some others choose to use a bow with wheels.  I do not understand why people have such a problem with this.  You can't shoot 100 yards with one any better than with a compound or me practicing at that range with a match taped to my limb.  What will it hurt to have more people involved in the outdoors to keep our hunting lands and seasons open from the liberal tree hugging citiots who want to control things they know nothing about.  If you want to go after a group or do something positive lead a group against some anti hunting organization.  Or get involved with a local youth group to get children involved.  They are our future weather they choose to use a crossbow or a stick and string as long as there out enjoying mother nature.  Thats what it's all about.  Sorry for being so long winded but it drives me crazy when hunters regardles of what our weapon of choice may be want to start fights within our own community.  JMHO  Happy Holidays
Sticks and stones break deer bones.
One final word -Ramalamashamjam-

Offline Cyrille

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
I don't hunt with a crossbow never have, and probably never will, I don't like compounds never and probably never will. But to say that the crossbow isn't traditional is a bunch of hooey!
 They were around when longbows were in vogue as well as recurves and Asiain and eastern Europian Horsebows!  Read your Europian history! They were used in the Crusades for Pete's sake!
Cyrille

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Once again, do what you want in your state, in Michigan we see things different. Crossbow use is restricted by law and should continue to be so.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
You know where to go to vote. This isn't going to become a discussion of the "Traditionalness of Crossbows" becuase Traditional has a meaning now that doesn't include them here. There are other places you can go if you support them and discuss it all you want.

This thread is officially closed folks.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©