INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Michigan hunters READ "X-bows again)!!!  (Read 3028 times)

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan hunters READ "X-bows again)!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
The meeting got over at 7:45 tonight and the results are: Crossbows for everyone in zone 3 and crossbows for 50 and over in the rest of the state from October 1st-November 15. The crossbow guys were giggling in the hallway talking about getting full inclusion soon because the decision made by the NRC sets them up for a discrimination suit.
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
50 and over? I'm ashamed of any putz that grabs a crossbow with that. How was that based on scientific evidence? Thanks for your efforts. Sounds like the ATA and crossgunners bought another piece of legislation. Won't be long and our bowhunting will down in the crapper.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
The ATA had their propoganda there (yet if you go to the ATA home page they claim that they do not advocate for crossbows in archery season). Also representing crossbows were the NRA, SCI, QDMA,  and others.
It was a real 3 ring circus. The line of reasoning that the NRC used as their scapegoat was "reccomendations from the MDNR stating that the resource would not be impacted.) They claimed that their decision was based on sound science.
I think they need a different science teacher if they can't tell the difference between a crossbow and real archery equipment.
I was glad to see that the bowhunters did have several representatives...P & Y Club, NABC, MTB, MBH, and several others. This was a done deal before the meeting even started. If you look at the ATA website there is a picture of the President of the ATA, along with Chuck Jordan "10pt Crossbows" and others with the MDNR Director. The ATA donated money for an archery range and named it after the directors late husband. "IT WAS FOR SURE A PRE-DETERMINED OUTCOME."  :mad:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
No mention of the new technology TAC-15? How did they skirt that? The NRA and SCI from my point of view are elitist who spend their money to hunt anywhere, anytime, and damn the expenses or repercussions for anyone else. How did they change the age requirement? I'm going to be 55 this year and I would be embarrassed to feel I couldn't handle ARCHERY equipment at my age. How can the ATA donate an Archery range in Michigan when they seem to be in the business of destroying archery in Michigan?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 11:46:00 PM »
I must run for the nearest toilet cause I'm gonna puke!!!  :mad:   It's probably a good thing I can't speak freely on here.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »
this is so totally sick.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
No mention of the new technology TAC-15? How did they skirt that? The NRA and SCI from my point of view are elitist who spend their money to hunt anywhere, anytime, and damn the expenses or repercussions for anyone else. How did they change the age requirement? I'm going to be 55 this year and I would be embarrassed to feel I couldn't handle ARCHERY equipment at my age. How can the ATA donate an Archery range in Michigan when they seem to be in the business of destroying archery in Michigan?
They were told about the TAC-15 and they really didn't care. The bottom line for them is not the weapon and whether or not it is legal archery equipment, the entire Commission agreed that they were held to sound scientific resource management and they were told by the DNR staff and the crossbow pushers that the crossbow added to archery season would not hurt the resource.
The NRA has seen my last dime and I will no longer be a member. Their Rep claimed that the NRA wishes full inclusion in archery season.
The SCI throws around a lot of money and claims to be a hunting organization but after doing some research on them I found out that they accept trophies into their record book from free ranging wild animals AND PENNED IN, FARM RAISED, CANNED HUNTED, NON WILD ANIMALS. They evidently wanted to cover all of their bases.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by Arwin:
I must run for the nearest toilet cause I'm gonna puke!!!   :mad:    It's probably a good thing I can't speak freely on here.
I second this comment.     :(
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline EDW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 06:27:00 AM »
Jim
  First thanks for your efforts-Like you I firmly believe it was done deal. I did write each NRC member-I'm afraid all I did was waste some stamps and paper. I'd wager that if 500 true archers were there it would not have mattered the FIX was in.
  I hunt in Zone 3 and vow not to even speak to any jerk I see lugging one around. They can all go to you know where as far as I'm concerned.
EDW

Offline Bmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by EDW:
  I hunt in Zone 3 and vow not to even speak to any jerk I see lugging one around. They can all go to you know where as far as I'm concerned.
You are probably better off keeping your mouth shut.  I know a couple "jerks" who happen to have crossbow permits due to injury or the toll of time.  One, the result of his service to our Country.  You certainly don't want to say anything to him.  Bad shoulder or not he is far more of a man and hunter than most.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©