INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: NYS bowseason threat  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYS bowseason threat
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »
I'm for any youth opportunity, the youth are the future of hunting period, be it gun bow or whatever. Do we become so selfish and self centered that we cant look to the future. If you want full control go buy your own land and set your own rules, I have a 13 year old son that I want to have every opportunity to get a deer and when he is too old to participate in a youth hunt there will be another child ready to step in line. I think the "my big buck" mindset has ruined hunting in general, and think that it all boils down to this.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 06:46:00 AM »
Stone Knife - the answer is to lower the start age from our current highest in the nation - have a chance to get the kids out all season with us at a younger age. There are a couple lady downstate legislators who not only vehemently fight any attempt to lower it, but co sponcer bills regularly to RAISE IT!! A parent is the only one who should have the decision as to when the child is ready.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by SteveB:
Stone Knife - the answer is to lower the start age from our current highest in the nation - have a chance to get the kids out all season with us at a younger age. There are a couple lady downstate legislators who not only vehemently fight any attempt to lower it, but co sponcer bills regularly to RAISE IT!! A parent is the only one who should have the decision as to when the child is ready.
Exactly!!!!   :notworthy:  

Bringing the kid with you, and having him/her experience the outdoors is what it's all about!!

It's not about them being able to shoot something.

If you think they need to actually pull the trigger, or release the string to learn/ appreciate the outdoors....then you've missed the point yourself!

Nobody wants their kids out there any more than me.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
I have had my kids in the woods when they were in diapers, I remember scouting for turkeys pulling them along in a wagon with pneumatic tires. I have done everything I can to get my kids to enjoy the outdoors without pulling the trigger or dropping a string. With that said it sure is nice to get game from time to time when you go, if everyone thought the same as you Curt then no one would have a problem sharing the woods with kids no matter what weapon they use. I still believe that people get so warped up in getting the big one that they live with blinders on. I know guy's that wont let a kid set foot in their woods to shoot a squirrel or rabbit because it might scare the deer away, even their own kids aren't allowed to hunt small game. There is just something about that big rack that makes folks nuts. If deer had no antlers and turkeys had no beards and no way to rank one from the next this topic would not be discussed.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Flying Dogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »
I was a loyal member of NYB since 1995 and dropped out because of this proposal after a number of emails to NYB with my concerns. I believe the best interests of NY bowhunters is not being addressed and I believe the gun/crossbow with take November away from bowhunters.

Offline Dave Alaxanian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
I don't need any more time sweating my shorts off waiting for deer that are too hot to move!!!!! This whole idea is just another ploy to take more time away from bowhunters, I'd love to share that week with fellow muzzeloaders --as long as they're using a bow. I've lost a week already that DEC reneged on--time to get ourselves to a "public hearing" and -SOUND OFF, BRING A FRIEND and start making calls!!!!

Offline fullcircle39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
I was a member of NYB for years and dropped out when I saw the way they were going.I live for bow hunting and love my time in the woods. I don't want to share this time with a rifle hunter[Mz.L].Yes I hunt with all types of firearms. Muzzleloaders[primative]and in-line,shotgun,rifle and handgun in their respective seasons. Muzzle loader season in NYS is so corupt anymore that it's difficult to hear a true ML report. Most of the shots taken are from rifle or shotgun or has'nt anyone noticed? As for thinning out the herd. If they get any thinner there will be no reason to hunt. I don't need antlers on my deer nor beards on my turkey just an opportunity to make a choice and enjoy the total experience regardless if there is a kill. NYB I feel your are making a mistake with this proposal and that you are greedy and thinking only of yourselves and not all bow hunters. What other time frame are you willing to give up when the crossbow hunters start to knock on the door? If you were trying to get back our lost days I'd support you but your group is just playing politics and it stinks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©