INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Iowa members - How to protect your hunting heritage?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
Iowa members - How to protect your hunting heritage?
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
First and foremost is the  Iowa Bowhunters Assn. .

Your membership with them provides you access to  all  natural resource legislation that is introduced during each years legislative session.  
Your IBA membership dues also support a lobbyist who represents Iowa Bowhunters in the Iowa General Assembly!

You can learn more about one of the strongest bowhunting associations in this country and join them in the fight for your Iowa hunting heritage   HERE.

Also,

There is now a website based group which will provide all Iowa deer hunters with legislative information concerning our deer hunting politics.
The name of the group is Iowa Whitetails Forever and the group is free to join.  Take some time  to look over the website and sign up for your legislative updates   HERE.

The Iowa Bowhunters Assn where it's at for us bowhunters!

Iowa Whitetails Forever is a great outlet for all your other hunting friends!

Please pass this information on to all your hunting friends!
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline KENDALL TECHAU

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Iowa members - How to protect your hunting heritage?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
Thanks for getting this info out there.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 02:41:00 AM »
Our game warden John Sells told me that there is a huge push to get crossbows legalized in Iowa. Since I do not trust politicians, used car salesmen and rapist, I would bet that there is money changing hands in this push somewhere.  I also found out that the public land that I hunt on the Water Prairie complex is part of a long range plan to make another muck pond like Brushy Creek. Apparently a rare clean flowing stream and prairie is a bad thing and needs to be flooded.

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
Our game warden John Sells told me that there is a huge push to get crossbows legalized in Iowa.  
I did not see where any crossbow bills were introduced this session.  However a slough of bills that could affect your ability to have good hunting ground access were stopped early and effectively by the IBA and IWF members.

I can not begin to express how much we need residents to be apart of this process.  
With the trophy whitetail fad, there is more outside interest trying to exploit Iowa's hunting every year. There is now a group of non residents who have formed and hired a lobbyist just to change our deer hunting regulations for their benefit. We need to strengthen our numbers just the same!

The IBA has their Spring Banquet tickets on sale right now.  It's a 1st class affair, with somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 bowhunters coming in for the weekend.  You can get all the info here  IBA Spring Banquet
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©