INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: MN DNR pushing Crossbows  (Read 3226 times)

Offline bridog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MN DNR pushing Crossbows
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

The link to the Survey is;
Survey
 http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/hunting/sminput.html

They are accepting input for a couple of more weeks so there is time for everyone to put some words together for them.  Key people to email at the DNR are as follows; [email protected], State Big Game Biologist [email protected], Deputy Director; [email protected], Biologist; [email protected], Hunter Recruitment and Retention Coordinator

Also complete the online survey.  We need all the numbers we can, as I feel that the survey is going to give bad numbers.  This is due to the fact that there is no supporting info given by the DNR for or against.  So the average non-archer responding to the survey is automatically going to associate a crossbow with archery tackle and vote it's support.  Giving skewed results...

I agree with Mnbwhtr - Lou has an agenda and it's not in favor of the bowhunter of MN.  I would reccommend that you copy your legislators on this matter - because that's were it's heading.  Give them some info right from the start on this.

Please be heard.

Thanks, Bridog

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
Bridog I do agree with you that only disabled persons should be able to use a crossbow.  However they don not give you an increased range.  This common misconception is what causes the problem with crossbows.  Someone knows that they don't have to practice once it's sighted in and they decide to go hunting one day sit in the woods for about 15 minutes or so and then try to take a 60 or 70 yd. shot or even worse some moron tries a head shot (A kid here in Ohio actually did this this year) which results in a wounded animal.  However, idiots will be idiots whether using a crossbow or a compound or even a stickboe for that matter.  As far as all the gloom and doom, nothing has changed in Ohio.  Actually our deer season has gotten longer and bag limits have went up.  

Now don't get me wrong I'm on your side as far as not allowing crossbows but if they do I hope the same happens for you.

Online mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
I noticed you can take the survey more than once.  I've notice over the years that Mr. Lou seems to be lacking in respect to bowhunters. Low numbers of bowhunters compared to gun hunters, low numbers of deer killed compared to gun hunters, low amount of money made from bowhunters.  IF Mr. Lou gets his way he will have less money from bowhunters and a whole lot of uncooperative bowhunters in the future.
Mr. Lou just doesn't get it.  Follow the Money!

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
The survey is going to end soon!Possibly Mar 17th. Take the survey and Get the word out to all your friends.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Washington allows them for disablehunters in archery season. Otherwise they have no place in archery season.  No more place than a muzzeloader or modern rifle.  A stocked crossbow is no more archery, than a modern inline muzzloader is true muzzloading.  Anything you can put a scope on is not muzzloading it is modern firearm hunting.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Schultzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by bridog:
If you don't put your dog in the fight then you can't complain later.
Right on bridog! I took the survey and gave my opinion on the subject which was a big no the 55 and older BS. I also called my representative and stated to him to keep these things In the gun season where they belong as to me they are a gun. I'd put money on It though that this bill gets passed. The xbow manufacturers are the big pushers here. Don't BS yourselves If you think otherwise being getting a xbow permit during the archery deer season here Is simple. It's always about money and there's money to be made here by the xbow manufacturers and the state of Mn.

Offline turkey65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
I'm going to voice my views on this subject,some may already know Pa passed the legalization of crossbows during our archery season for last years season. I live in a private resort community in north central Pa and we have a serious deer problem so our property owners association ok'ed an archery hunt controlled by the Pa game commission two years ago does have to be shot first before a buck may be taken.The first year they couldn't get all the permits sold This year with the crossbow legal all the permits were sold,I live at the end of a road in one of the alloted hunting areas,and being I had back surgery the second day of archery season,I spent alot of time home so I was able to watch the comings and goings of alot of so called hunters. My house sits high above the road and I was amazed the amount of(hunters) with loaded crossbows in their trucks road hunting past my place.My eight year old grandson even found a bolt on my property line 25 yds from my house. My observation,crossbows bring the worst of the worst out of so called hunters,the perfect poaching weapon.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©