INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: How many deer can you take legally in your state?  (Read 5915 times)

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many deer can you take legally in your state?
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Here in  Colorado we generally will draw ONE deer license every TWO years.  And most of the state is BUCKS only.  It sucks....  Joe
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Rufus 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »
NW Florida, 2 deer a day the whole season (23 Oct - 28 Feb)

Offline Mechslasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 09:32:00 AM »
in the upstate of s.c., i think it's around 12 or so deer, but since check in stations were eliminated i guess there's no limit.  one thing to keep in mind when your states dnr sets limits that insurance companies are playing a huge roll in lobbying for the excessive bag limits.  i think the last average for auto repairs i heard was $5000 per car that hit a deer.  that means some insurance co. spent about $20,000 in the last two weeks on my 12 minute drive to work.
"There is beauty and magic in a drawn bow."

Cade (SC)

Offline griz#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
Unlimited antlerless in suburdan archery zones of region B.
2 antlered, 10 antlerless in other counties with bow.
muzzleloader, 2 antlered & 10 antlerless.
firearms, 2 antlered & 10 antlerless.

sika deer,2 with bow
2 with muzzleloader
2 with firearms
If you cut up your wife's french leather purse to make a tab, does that make you a redneck?

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
218 here in Alabama.  Only 3 can be bucks.  :eek:

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Eagle24 are you serious???   I can't imagine being able to take that many.  I knew Alabama had a lot of deer and lilberal seasons, but I had no idea.  I'd like to find somewhere to go have a chance at maybe taking 2 or 3 deer after a good hunt, when I can afford to travel out of state.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
Only one buck or either sex on extended season. Maybe a doe tag if you are lucky to draw one. This year I was lucky enough to have 2 deer tags and two elk tags. So far 0-4 and not much time left. Someday I also dream of hunting some where I can harvest multple deer in hunt.

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
As mentioned before, in the southern 1/3 of Michigan and in the NELP/TB zone, the "unlimited" on antlerless deer is more than you could ever possibly kill.

In my area, with my 4 tags, with a bow, 2 are either sex/1 any buck, 1 buck 4pts on a side or better and 2 are antlerless only. In firearms, 2 are 1 any buck, 1 4pt's on a side or better and 2 are antlerless only.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by mambashooter:
Varies in Texas. Depends on what the Parks and Wildlife department in Texas sets it. Set by counties. Can go to Texas department of Parks and Wildlife web site and look at the 254 counties in Texas...YES..there are 254 counties in Texas. You know at one time we were a Republic..Country ourselves.   :biglaugh:      :laughing:  
Last time I checked, Texas is the only State that can withdraw from the Union ( USA ) and become it's own Country again. Texas does have the largest Military Base in the USA.

Offline sstewa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
1 in Idaho during general season.  Buy there are controlled hunts that allow for more.
Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead...when your longbow with a blunt will work!

Offline traditionalman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
I live in Ohio and you can take 13 deer but only one buck reguardless of method use, archery, muzzleloader, gun. Problem is no one wants you on their land or it has been leased by a hunting club or private organization and you have to pay to hunt. Also this 13 deer is causing a lot o poaching down in the Southern part of the State and guys brings the does up North and saying they got it on Urban hunting zone. A better system needs to be put into play. I think the Insurance companies are in with the State to reduce deer herd to near zero. Also 13 deer means 13 deer tags you have to buy.
Gary King

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 08:25:00 AM »
In Montana you can only shoot one buck per season, doe tags vary per year. Some years you may purchase up to ten per person.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
In Montana you can only shoot one buck per season, doe tags vary per year. Some years you may purchase up to ten per person. A mix of mule deer and whitetail.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
I hunt a bow only area in NY. I can kill unlimited does as long as I check the head in with DEC and get another tag. I also can shoot up to 4 bucks by using early season either sex tag and than later my regular season tag, than using tags that are good for buck or doe that I got by turning those doe heads in. As soon as I  shoot a buck on one of those tags that I recieved from turning in a does head that tag is done. Shawn
Ditto for Westchester County, NY.  Up to 4 bucks and unlimited does............also bowhunting only.
TGMM Family of the Bow

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline insanedeerhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
in OH you can take one buck and five does or six does per season depending on what county you are in
insanedeerhunter

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Nebraska.  You can, with a combination of various permits, kill basically unlimited deer.  You can only have two permits that allow the killing of an antlered buck.  But antlerless tags are almost unlimited.

Tags are about $30 (seems like it changes each year).  A straight bow tag allows one either-sex and one antlerless.  Antlerless-only permits allow two antlerless.  

Youth tags are $5.

In two firearm zones, there was an Earn-a-Buck requirement this year for the first time.  No real word yet on how that turned out.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »
I haven't read all the posts here, but in Indiana, it's one buck and TOOO many antlerless deer, IMO.

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
I think it was said earlier but in Illinois for archery you can kill two bucks and all the does you can carry off.  Your "Tags" are for 1 antlerless and 1 either sex. Fill the first buck tag and you can go back and buy another two tags, 1 antlerless 1 either sex, but you can only kill two bucks total.
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline wheelie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »
Deer tag in Ontario Canada costs $37.50 And it entitles you to one buck only. Have to buy your licence in june to get into the doe draw. If you are one chosen then you can shoot a doe or a buck. One or the other. If you are in an area over populated with deer, and they have left over tags you can buy a second tag for a buck only for another $37.50.

Offline JCJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
What a change from when I started deer hunting in 1972 at the age of 12. The year before, 1971 we had a closed season for lack of deer. Today, we have permit areas where you can kill an unlimited number of does and fawns and yet the hunters still complain to no end about the quality of our deer hunting and how the DNR has screwed things up. People have short memories. In the permit area I hunt I am allowed 1 buck and can purchase 4 bonus doe tags. At the rate we consume venison, two deer in the freezer is plenty for our family. The population in my area is very high. Yesterday afternoon on my daily 4 mile walk I counted 22 does and fawns. Most were feeding at bird feeders in my neighbors yards.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©