INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: How many deer can you take legally in your state?  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many deer can you take legally in your state?
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Anyone ever heard of the farmers and hunters feeding the hungry program?  I think there are a few different programs that are similar to this.  I'm not trying to endorse or force someone to use this program, I'm not spamming the site.  If someone was concerned that they needed to help with the deer population but didn't want to waste the meat then a program such as this is the way to go.  They process the deer at no cost and a rep from the program picks it up and delivers it to food banks and soup kitchens and such.  The only cost to the hunter is the tag.  Farmers and hunters feeding the hungry just happens to be the program around here and they're pretty widespread across the country, especially in the eastern states.  If anyone is interested here's the link.

www.fhfh.org

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Too many in NYS.  I count up 12 possibe deer.  You can shoot 3 during the early bow season if you have last year's tags left over.  Then 2 more during archery/black powder season.  One buck during the regular gun season, or this can be used in the later archery/BP seasons.  Then you can shoot 2 does if you get the DMP permits.  And 2 more using another person's DMP permits (legal now). Then you can apply for two more bonus DMP tags in selected areas if you think you need more.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Ron -  Few will ever get 12 legal tags in NY - most will have have 1/2 that at best and most will have less. 2 total for both early bow and late bow/mz - not 2 tags for each season. In 40% of the state, you stand low to no chance of 1 dmp let alone a 2nd - None of those dmp's will have any bonus tags. If an area has bonus DMP's left, then the herd needs thinning and I'll take the tags and try to do so.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Hey Steve,
Haven't checked back since Christmas and I hope you had a Merry one.  I agree most will have less than 12, but I think it is possible, although not probable.  The extra bow/muzzleloader either/or tags I was referring to was if you had tags left over from the previous year.  Plus the big game tag from the year before.  Thanks for keeping me on my toes!  :)  

Ron
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Schultzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
One In the area I hunt. Problem Is, we need more doe's shot. I loath our Mn DNR.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©