INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Indiana CROSSBOW proposals  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Indiana CROSSBOW proposals
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Well said ChuckC...my sentiments exactly.

Offline briarpatch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2011, 07:34:00 AM »
There's stuff flying around on AT that this passed for the 2012 season in Indiana???  full inclusion????   say it ain't so!!!!

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
That's what I heard too. Chuck said it well. It's all about $$$. I thought maybe the compound bow makers would be upset by this, then I realized they make the crossbows too! So it is a win, win for them. More $$$! That's what it's ALL about!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline briarpatch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
b.glass....couldn't have said it better myself....the $$$ does indeed reign supreme!!!

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
As far as I know, the proposal was adopted in favor of the crossgun.  :banghead:   The final decision will be obviously made in January and then there is another "public comment" period after that before final adoption.
The DNR commission guys really think they will sell more licenses. No one can back that statement up. And I predict this will not happen.

But I have mostly lost interest in hunting close to home anyways. So I will not buy any licenses for 2012 if crossguns can hunt.
If every archery hunter would react like that, the crossgun would be out in a hardbeat.
But most "compound" guys don't care, because they already are on the techie hook anyways. Only a widespread boycott in buying archery licenses of any kind will get these people to listen.May the deer wildly multiply and the thousands of crossgun guys can take care of them....  :biglaugh:

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
It may be the DNR commission thinking this is the thing to sell more licenses but I think it is just as much the crossbow manufacturers and the people that sell them that are pushing for this. They have the kind of money it takes to get results.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©