INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Finally PA listened!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally PA listened!
« on: February 03, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
I've written to the PGC every year just before their meetings to bring up the antler restriction for Crawford Co.  I'm actually one of the people who are "for" the AR but they needed to get rid of the 4 point to a side thing that required you to look for that darned brow tine.  Now they are going to allow us to see 3 points up and shoot the deer.  I have passed on  bucks that were easily 20" wide because they didn't have a guard tine and it was getting very frustrating.  Way to go PGC!

Online crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally PA listened!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »
Glad for you. I hunt in Susquahanna county with 3pt rule. Some very nice bucks there. Good luck & shaft a BIG one!

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally PA listened!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
Good for PA!!

I wish Washington State would do the same thing...

Right now it's 2pt with at least a 1" eyeguard on at least one side [ for a total of 3 points] for Mule Deer... You would be surprised at the # of Mule Deer that do not have eye guards as 2 points or [often refered to as "Forked Horns"...  Western Count].... This is often reinforced after rifle season, by the number of deer left to "rot on the ground" by guys that shot them at longer ranges with the mindset... "THAT BIG!! He HAS TO HAVE an Eye Guard"..

They perfer to let them "rot" rather than salvage the meat and turn it in, and face the possiblity of a "ticket" for their actions.

I would like to see them bring it up to 3 MAIN POINTS on at least 1 side, even if it means matching witts with a older, smarter buck.

Ironically most guys when counting points on Mule Deer,[ Western Count] do not even include the eye guards.... Go figure   :dunno:  

Gene
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©