INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Trying to get bowhunting legal in Norway!  (Read 3317 times)

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trying to get bowhunting legal in Norway!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Nathan,

Good luck!  Proficiency testing is something of a pipe dream.  Does driver's education prevent speeding or following too closely?  No.  Will every bowhunter that passes a proficiency test have the discipline to not take a 50- or 60-yard (meter) shot?  No.

Is it appropriate to limit the freedom of a group off individuals because a small percentage will push the limits or use bad judgement?  No.

You can ban any activity based on the concept that some participants may not use good judgement.  In the end, all that happens is a restriction of individual freedoms that is stifling and reduces the overall quality of life.

Hopefully, your legislators will keep the issues in what I would call proper perspective in comparison to other legal activities where life, limb, or property may be impacted by an individual's decisions.  For legislators to change, the general public must also understand what such limits on personal freedom mean.

I hope reason (my opinion) prevails and you are allowed the freedom to bowhunt.  On a side note, very cool web page (link posted in profile)!

Mike
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trying to get bowhunting legal in Norway!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
I do not know if this was stated already, but bowhunting is extremely safe.  It is safer than ping pong, bowling, and virtually any other sporting activity.  I will look for the stats that confirm this and post them up.  I believe there were around .02% of injuries with 100,000 participants, it covered almost every sport possible.

Good luck with your proposal.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©