INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Yellowstone is Dead  (Read 3527 times)

Online David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yellowstone is Dead
« on: June 18, 2011, 03:21:00 PM »
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yellowstone is Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
There have been wolves in Yellowstone for a long time, man. Its the ones out roaming through public hunting lands that are the biggest concern.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Not just Yellowstone. We now have them in the Bighorns, too, as well as most of the rest of Wyoming. I'll bet some Montana and Idaho members will chime in on this, because they are thinning elk herds all around Yellowstone and for many miles around. We need to reintroduce a few of them on the mall in Washington, DC. Just my unbiased opinion.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline MTArrowLauncher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Yellowstone is the least of MT's concern involving wolves. They have decimated deer and elk populations state wide.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
In Oregon now too. Idaho has areas that are not like they used to be. These are very efficient predators. The ones in Oregon are the large timber wolves not the original ones that were once here. So, in that case they should be considered an "invasive species" and eradicated.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
It was just about a decade ago when the Yellowstone herd at near 20,000 elk was considered a disaster waiting to happen (too many). Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way.

The states should manage all wildlife resources that reside in their states. Wyoming (and other states) restored antelope, elk, bighorn sheep, turkey, etc. not the feds. The money provided by the USFWS (PR funds) isn't government money by the way, it is your and my money paid when we purchase our equipment and supplies. The feds just gather and dole it out, acting like it is their money.

Frankly, the feds should stick to migratory waterfowl since the flyways cross so many state (and national) boundaries, and quit trying to second guess the state-based professionals.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
The State of Washington recently announced that it to will join the wolf hoopla....

The goal is to establish 15 stable packs in the state before the wolf will be de-listed.

This is simply UN-BELIEVABLE based on what is going on in Idaho and Montana.

What are people thinking?

:deadhorse:      :deadhorse:      :deadhorse:  

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline finq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
Could someone explain that real quick for me, since I do not know what this means to be honest.

From what I read now, I assume that there are way to many wolves (or predators in general) in Yellowstone (not only there) and they're thinning out the herds of elk and deer massively...?
And you aren't allowed to hunt them?

Offline k9bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
When politicians and not wildlife biologist are allowed to manage wildlife this is the result!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Dirk. .  Yellowstone is a very large and very closely held National Park.  Huge numbers of people come annually to see the area and the critters.  Hunting is not permitted.

It is a very complicated setting because, outside the borders of the park lie private ranches.  Many of the critters do not recognize park boundary signs and wander at will.

In some cases (bison) they could carry diseases that are not good for domesticated animals like beef.

Some control is needed, however, it appears that recent trends seem to show,  probably without a doubt, that protected wolf packs are growing and spreading and killing.  Some want that, and I am betting there are some that think "if the "natural" wolves kill the game, then the "unnatural" hunters can't and the world is a better place.  Mean while, deer, elk and moose numbers appear to be plummeting in many areas.

as I said. .  complicated.
ChuckC

Online Al Dente

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
It boils down to this:

Conservation is the WISE use of natural resources and preservation is not.

Instead of using sound biological reasoning based upon facts, the suits decide to tug on heartsrings and emotions.  Scientists, biologists, and game managers face an uphill battle when dealing with their "bosses" and out of touch politicos.  

A very sad state of affairs.
BOD Member
Past President
Life Member
New York Bowhunters, Inc.
>>>>------------------------>

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
These wolf are being put there to take the place of hunters. I know you think thats crazy but if you want to understand what they are doing google agenda 21 and really freak yourself out.Go ahead..God Bless

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
Social Weenies finding a new way to destroy hunting is what this is all about.  Agenda 21 is only one facet.  See a wolf shoot a wolf, bury a wolf and be quiet about it.  Before all the flamers hop up and down, I work in the environmental field and know the laws.  Timber wolves are not native.  They are by federal law an invasive species.  Thus by law they are required to be destroyed on sight.  Just because some nut job wants to appease the enviro weenies and PETA nuts, and says they are legal does not make it so.  We spend literally over a billion dollars a year in this country trying to get rid of invasive species, and the fed then says it can import one and we should just suck up the Koolaid and you can't do anything about it.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut up!  It is called civil disobedience and is the right of every citizen to practice.  Once enough practice it things change, the government has no choice at that point.  If the invasive species is eliminated all across its new range and the cost becomes to high the fed will end it. Or we can all suck up the Koolaid and just let the fed keep running over the will of the people.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 05:24:00 AM »
:campfire:

Offline bobman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
seems to me the Yellowstone elk herd needed thinning and when the elk herd size drops the wolf pop will eventually balance out....probably takes a while

I am certainly no peta guy or lover of the feds far from it, but natural balance is a good thing IMO

Offline bobman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
seems to me the Yellowstone elk herd needed thinning and when the elk herd size drops the wolf pop will eventually balance out....probably takes a while

I am certainly no peta guy or lover of the feds far from it, but natural balance is a good thing IMO

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ragnarok Forge:
Social Weenies finding a new way to destroy hunting is what this is all about.  Agenda 21 is only one facet.  See a wolf shoot a wolf, bury a wolf and be quiet about it.  Before all the flamers hop up and down, I work in the environmental field and know the laws.  Timber wolves are not native.  They are by federal law an invasive species.  Thus by law they are required to be destroyed on sight.  Just because some nut job wants to appease the enviro weenies and PETA nuts, and says they are legal does not make it so.  We spend literally over a billion dollars a year in this country trying to get rid of invasive species, and the fed then says it can import one and we should just suck up the Koolaid and you can't do anything about it.

Shoot, Shovel, Shut up!  It is called civil disobedience and is the right of every citizen to practice.  Once enough practice it things change, the government has no choice at that point.  If the invasive species is eliminated all across its new range and the cost becomes to high the fed will end it. Or we can all suck up the Koolaid and just let the fed keep running over the will of the people.
Excellent, Lowell !  We would not be the country that we are today without "civil disobedience".  Just ask the British!!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Blaino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
you can see that where i'm from i have no clue about a wolf.  one of the guys in the video say that the wolfs killed 10 fawns and didn't eat any of them... is that true?  do they just kill to kill?
"It's not the trophy, but the race. It's not the quarry,
but the chase."

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
bobman, it isn't that simple, for alot of reasons.

Here's a couple things to look at though there are many more.

Wolves eat 365 days a year. They don't just eat elk.

The elk herd doesn't need thinning. Google "Cody Elk Working Group".

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
If the bunny lovers want all the wild life to "return" to their natural balance, then we all have to leave.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©