3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Drones for bow hunting????  (Read 8377 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Drones for bow hunting????
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
I suppose some of us rely a bit too much on trail cams, but drones?

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1392024940fcqxf5b5h9g
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Drones for bow hunting????
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
:::gag:::

At least P&Y are on the ball.  Trust me its only a matter of time before we start hearing about somebody out there shooting game via remote control.  Unchecked progressivism, plain and simple.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Online Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
The way the statement is worded; it sounds like trail cameras would fall into the same category?

"We urge all Pope & Young Club members to refrain from using Drones/UAV's to locate, monitor, scout or stalk any North American big game species. UAV-assisted bowhunting violates the existing rule that states, "you may not use electronic devices for attracting, locating, or pursuing game, or guiding the hunter to such game."

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
I thick ther is a app for remote gun hunting via your computer  it is in Texas somewhere ? Just like one of those video games . Only it's no game you shoot stuff under a feeder ! I think I saw it on the outhouse station.  Unbelievable.  ,
Dan Breen

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »
I remember seeing that a while back too, Dan.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
It's sad that this subject had to even be approached.   :dunno:   But I'm not surprised!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 12:38:00 PM »
No drones or trail cameras, but baiting with donuts and corn is just fine...    :confused:
Lon Scott

Offline snapper1d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
With the game and fish commissions raising cane about hogs in their states and wanting them killed out it could be very possible that they will be permitted to be used.Here there were hogs in the bottoms from the time my great great grand parents moved here and I cant see where they have ever been any problem with them.Now that the game and fish cant regulate people hunting them here they gripe about them.I would just as soon take a good hog as I would a deer.Both eat real good!!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
There should be no cameras on public land, it is invasion of the privacy of others using that public space. Niether the government or the people should have right to spy on others with drones, if they are going to be used for hunting, the abuses will be certain. Hunting should have adventure in it. If it is reduced to a video game, very soon all hunting will be nothing more than a video game. When you do see someone playing a video game, you can tell immediately who the loser is in that game.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »
Chuck:  I'd interpret it the same way.Trail cameras certainly help hunters locate game and they aid in guiding hunters to such game.  Another case of technology outrunning regulations.  They're in such wide use now that few game agencies will have the courage to ban them.  

It's encouraging to see P&Y try to get out in front of this one, but I expect UAVs will quickly be added to the bowhunter's repertoire. I can hear the raationale now. "It's just another hunting tool."  Yeah, sure.   :dunno:

Offline bartcanoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
I don't understand why that is even appealing to anyone.  The hunting experience would be so diluted by the use of drones, you'd need a different word than "hunting" to describe what you were doing.
Dave

US Army Retired (1984-2013)
Job 42:1-6

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Years ago I watched a local remote control airplane club play shooting games with their toys rigged with 22 caliber ammo. With the latest technology, crap will hit the fan everywhere.  http://www.infowars.com/new-whistleblower-reveals-nsa-picking-drone-targets-based-on-bad-data-death-by-unreliable-metadata/

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Last I heard the FAA hasn't approved the use of drones at all, so maybe we're getting worked up over nothing...p&y seems.to be making a statement about a controversy that doesn't actually exist.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
I think P&Y is just trying to be the early bird and get people in the bowhunting community feeling negative against drones so that if and when it happens in the future their use/acceptance will be stillborn.  I applaud them for the effort.  As far as hogs go, say here in FL for example, I can't possibly see the logic of allowing drone use until it is legal to hunt them year round on PUBLIC land and at night.  That's something I'm personally all for here in FL:  year round hog hunting on public land, at night if possible.  There is zero logical need to conserve pigs, they are destructive and invasive.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
If they would be allowed for hogs at night, they will be everywhere else. Position statements from the P&Y people or the FAA, will have little effect. Instead of having the gun hunter's pickups riding up and down our gravel roads during deer archery season, they will be flying drones around while we are hunting. Down the road when Chairman Hillairy Mao wants to ban them, I can just hear the, 'peel my cold dead fingers off my remote', statements. But really, I bet they would fun to shoot at.

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Sad... Just sad
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Just to be clear sad that somebody would use one if given the chance
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
It is illegal to use them for big game in Colorado.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 04:20:00 PM »
I wake up and it's a great fall day . I think I'll go hunting today  I turn on my computer  take a sip of my expensive  scotch and lite up a Cuban  cigar  .there he is a poop and yorn  buck !  I take aim and press a button  good shot  I tell them you can keep the meat. I'm a vegan  life is good !
Dan Breen

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
There are always those who take the easy way.  When you begin to see the military gear being recycled into civilian markets, you will be amazed.  I am fearful for our sport.  I have already written my state senators asking for regulations to protect legitimate hu ters.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©