3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Winona Camo Systems ?????  (Read 462 times)

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
Winona Camo Systems ?????
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »
Is Winona Camo still around and available for sale? I used to have a complete set, including the insulated vest back in the mid 80s. Great Stuff. So nice in fact that it was stolen from the back of my truck while I was shopping at an outdoors sporting good store (between hunts) in northern MI. Really like to acquire another set if it is still available.
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Winona Camo Systems ?????
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
Winona went out of business due to NAFTA.  Bob Fratzke refused to have his stuff made over seas, so it's been out of production for quite a few years.  
If you look up Knit Tree, you'll find they have a pattern just like Winona.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Wish I could get some more!  The sweater I have on in my avitar I bought in 1984!  Great stuff!

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
The Knit place has the exact pattern.The colors may be a little different,but real close. It's not real cheap,but it's made partly of marino wool.

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
The only thing I would have changed about Winona camo was to have made it out of at least 40% wool.
If I win the lottery I'll try and buy  Bob Fratzke's jaquard looms and patterns and reproduce the camo in a combination of Alpaca and Merino Wool with only a small amount of synthetic for fit and stretch.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©