3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2008 Trail Cam Pic Thread!!!  (Read 12245 times)

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2008 Trail Cam Pic Thread!!!
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Yes Marty that's a big DOMESTIC escapee.
I guess if Hogdancer kills it we'll have the Hogzilla deal all over again....
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
dont know about the domestic thing, he has been in the woods for at least 4 years that I know of, I don't know his lineage before that I'll let you internet hunters debate that , he is as wary as any hog I have ever seen, maybe more so, he's still there.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
I will check the angle of the sun. Since the camera records the time on the picture, I guess if they are all about the same time that would give evidence to something hinkey.

How do you know if you have a slow camera or not. It is a digital model (I bought it for him for Fathers Day) and is a reputable brand name. It wasn't a really expensive model though.

I have shot a few hogs, but never even SEEN one like that. If ya could train him to walk in the ring, you could win every county fair in the state.

OkKeith

(His lineage don't matter Hogdancer, they are ALL domestic escapees. If you get a chance to drop a string on that one I would love to see a photo!)
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
He's not too wary...he's out in the daylight  :-)
Quit making excuses and go kill him. We wanna see!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
Now Biggie, was'nt it you that said you can't kill a hog by stalking him at a feeder ?.... Oh wait Joey proved you wrong on that did'nt he !  :biglaugh:
PBS regular Member,
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
I don't know where that came from...Marty probably. He misquotes me all the time. What I said was, you won't kill a big boar hog while SITTING at a feeder. He WILL circle before coming in.
My biggest hogs have all come via stalking, and not feeders either  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
that's what I get for listening to Joey & Marty!
PBS regular Member,

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
You should shoot that refugee and get his DNA tested. Or just shoot him post pics and make sausage.

Just post pics when ya whack him!

J

Yeah they were all escapees at one time or another.
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
I just came in from the woods , my stand is right behind these deer.

PBS regular Member,

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
Thomas, Exactly when are you and Joey goin Elk Hunting?

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Thomas: You did see the one off to the right didn't you? Looks like maybe you were listening when you came to bootcamp. If you don't get one of those babies I'm gonna be very disappointed in you. The pressure is on! BW

Offline recurvist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Thats a nice bachelor group there. maybe they'll stay in summer pattern till season opener
" Aim small, ..Miss small " The Patriot.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Marty....I feel a road trip coming. You call Tracy and I'll pack the truck..
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
I can hear Tracy cutting Joey's grass from my stand.
Barry, Thanks ! I needed more pressure, now that I have the lucky hat that yoi sent me. it should be easy, right ? Yes I saw the one on the right..
PBS regular Member,

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
OkKeith,sometimes you get a "hot spot" in front of the camera,warmer than the surroundings and that can cause false triggers.Maybe your camera is in the edge of the trees pointed out in a field where the sun beats down.I try to face mine North when I can unless in deep woods.Limbs or weeds waving in front of the camera can cause false triggers also.If you mount it on a flimsy tree and the wind moves the tree-same problem.Any time you check the camera,cut any new weeds that sprung up that might cause issues.Some cameras have a sensitivity adjustment and in some cases you may have to dial back on that.If yours is a basic model,it might not have it.                 Great pictures guys.I love seeing what others are coming up with on their cameras.I'll try to pick through mine and add a couple.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Biggie and Marty, if ya'll would ever grace the doorsteps of a church besides weddings every once in a while, you would meet people like hogdancer has here in Oxford that let him hunt free on their property here IN town and COLORADO. Then ya'll could give Barry and Gene a break one year. I would like to go with ya'll one year to Iowa or Kansas but I would like to hunt more than a 1 1/2 day like ya'll did last year in Iowa. Hogdancer is always go to see Big Red again again again...I'll change the date for you next time you post it
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline buckhuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
Something was on the lens of my Dads camera but some of the shots still turned out good.  Can't wait!!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
This is one of my favorites.

Offline buckshot95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
52#@28"-60" Thunder Stick Moab
45#@28"-64" Fred Bear Montana

Offline No Sights Needed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
that Has to be a domestic pig his legs are way too short and hair is fine and flat

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©