3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carry system for Binoculars?  (Read 900 times)

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carry system for Binoculars?
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
Yup ! I want one of them Monostraps when they're available !! great Idea Barry!!

Offline Lookinforlunkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
Man thats just good advertising WOW
Life is about the journey, not the destination

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Barry Wensel:
Go to our website  www.brothersofthebow.com  and click on the new product "Monostrap". I've used one exclusively for probably fifteen years and love it. I've had enough positive feedback from friends that I'm having it produced. It's not available yet but will be soon. A great deal for under $10. BW
Barry,
I'd like to see how the front of the strap works.
I woouldn't mind looking at the front of the add either...

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
Geez Barry,  You sure didn't look that good in bear camp.  That mono strap looks good too!  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
I carry binoculars almost everyday of the year; as I can expect to see elk;deer; and bighorns on any given day as well as antelope; moose and bears.
 I am not sure how the mono strap will work with a safety harness?
 What I like best is a strap that goes on my neck ( too small a strap can push into your neck and cause ..pain and probably bain dmage)
 However; I really like the binoculars being able to be tucked under my right arm; under my jacket. That way they are out of the way of shooting; and out of the weather; and free from pine needles and snow.
 Now if a Wensel had a strap that had a pad on it for the neck and was long enough to allow the binoculars to go under the shoulders - that would be cool.

That girl is soo pretty ! Bet she will make someone some cute grandkids  :)  yes... I am that old.
    :archer:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »
I just tuck mine inside my shirt. I have the small swarovski 10x25. I also have a pair that are 8x42.That pair would be hard to tuck in the shirt.

I'm thinking about selling the small ones,because the big ones gather more light.

I'll have to experiment with carrying the big ones,because I usually keep them at the house to spy on the neighbors with.   :campfire:

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2008, 03:35:00 AM »
What size binos do you all carry?    :rolleyes:   How about you Uncle Barry?    :D    :campfire:

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
BW, I can't look at pretty gals like that too long..makes me cry! BTW,Was there a binoc system shown there?   :)  

So...bought a used set of Diafun (?) Zeiss off this site and love them. thing is these silly binocs have the strap embedded into the rubberised coating and there is nothing to attach anything else to.

Gotta be more of those binoc users out there. Tell me what creative ways you've found to attach any other strapping or whatever! I like some or many of the ideas here but can't figure out how to attach anything with this goofy set up!

Thanks.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
Doc Nock, tie wraps work very well.  Or a split ring.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »
I wear my binocs the same as Huntrdfk and Flatstick do. I got the idea from Alan Altizer in one of his early videos.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©