3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I made it to PA, and shooting!  (Read 995 times)

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
I made it to PA, and shooting!
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
Well it's now final I will be spending about 2 months in PA, around the wexford gibsonia area job hunting. I will probably be leaving middle of next month and driving my butt up there. I did some searches for archery clubs and shops, with little results.

There aint no way I'm gonna be able to go 2 months without shooting my bows. So who needs a buddy to shoot with.

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I made it to PA, and shooting!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
I am sure someone will adopt you.  :goldtooth:  
Good luck.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
I live in Bulter, which is about 30-40 min north of Wexford. I shoot at the Oneida Bow Club here in Butler. Nice outdoor course, 24 stations with tree stands to shoot from. There is also a indoor 3-D range / Traditional shop just north of Wexford, off of Rt 8. It is called Alleghany Archery. They have a bunch of custom bows, quivers, and anything else a lonesome traditional archer as yourself will need.

You can give me a call once you get up here, or just send me a PM and I can get you set up with directions to either place.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
I have been to Allegheny Archers once, and they have a pretty nice range. You might want to check it out!!! If you feel like traveling a couple of hours, you could head up my way to Erie. There is an archery shop about 15 minutes from my house. Starting 2-1-08 we run a Trad. indoor archery league. It is 12 weeks long, and is on every thursday. You could come up any thursday and shoot the 3D's with us for $10.00. There are about 12 of us that shoot the league. Let me know if your interested.

Bill

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the info I'll be sure to call when I get up there.

I can't wait, it's been a couple years since I been up there. I loved it up there from day one, and now the opportunity is here for me to relocate...I hope I can find work up there and make it a permanent home.

Offline olderndirt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »
Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers has a monthly 3D shoot at East Huntington Sportsman's club.  That's about 45 min from the Gibsonia area.  They also have informal indoor and DART system shoots about every week during the winter.  If you want more info PM me.
I'm not lost ... I'm exploring alternative destinations

Offline rybohunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
I don't live very far from wexford.(15-20 minutes) Alleghey Archers is a real nice place.
Give me a holler when you get in the area.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
Bill,

Please let me know of all the info of the league. I go to school at Penn State Behrend here in Erie, and i've been looking for a league to shoot in for some time.

Matt

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
if you make it to the Harrisburg, York, Lancaster area, let me know!!
Bret M. FullER

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Matt,
I replied to your message. If you need anymore info let me know. Maybe we can get together and shoot sometime.

Bill

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »
Found out today I will be leaving on the 26th and spending around 2 months. I'll revive this post when i get there, and maybe some of us close enought together can meet up and shoot that indoor 3D.

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »
I live in Hampton Twp.  My wife is from K.C. by the way.  This area is crawling with traditional folks.  Come to the Allegheny Archers league nights... its a hoot.  Mostly non-competitive... just plain fun.  They have a great set-up and have really overhauled their indoor range.

Leauges are Tuesday and Thursday I believe starting the 29th.  I think Tuesday is intended for compounds, but sticks are encouraged to come in and show them up.  
Check out:   www.all-archers.com
You will meet some top notch trad guys.

They've also got a self-bow class lined up in Feb. instructed by Tracy Trickett, formerly of Ancient Spirits.

There should be plenty of action for you in two months.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »
If you are going to be in the area at the very end of March, you should get to Pittsburgh and check out the PBS Banquet/Gathering at the Radisson Green Tree hotel.  I hear there might be a traditional bowhunter or two there...
For more info, see the Trad Events section of Tradgang.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Like Bret said...if you get farther East, post it up... there's a wad of us around our Capital w/in a hours drive...

Too bad you're not a welder...we need a couple good men where I work SW of Harrisburg near Elizabethtown.  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
I can weld, but I doubt anyone will pay me after seeing how purdy my weld is....LMAO

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
I have a friend up in Lycoming co. that runs a logging operation, he pays his cutters by the board foot so if your handy with a chain saw and can really make the chips fly, he would put you to work. Can,t figure him out he knows them hollows like the back of his hand but when he come to the wide open country of Nebraska he is lost all the time.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
"Who wants to be my friend in Pennsylvania "

Me me me me me! Please.

You'll have to buy me a house in Pennsylavania first, though.

:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by robtattoo:
"Who wants to be my friend in Pennsylvania "

Me me me me me! Please.

You'll have to buy me a house in Pennsylavania first, though.

:knothead:    :bigsmyl:

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
There is a pile of us in central Pa. also. About an hour north of Harrisburg and three hours east of Pittsburg
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
Jeff, my bunny hunt is Feb. 16th. and 17 of Feb. We have guys from 7 or 8 states coming, all Trad-Gangers. You are more than Welcome to come, check out the thread Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt.  60+ TG'ers in one spot for two days of hunting and fun shooting! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©