3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Selway slide on quiver with a Thunderhorn Boa strap?  (Read 892 times)

Offline The Ursus

• Trad Bowhunter
Selway slide on quiver with a Thunderhorn Boa strap?
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
I was thinking about altering my Selway slide-on longbow quiver to accept a boa strap like on the Thunderhorns.  I thought I could just cut the end of off the rubber slide on part and run a pin of some sort through it to hang the stretchy strap on.  I'm just trying to keep myself from buying another quiver for my recurve.

Anyone done this?

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Selway slide on quiver with a Thunderhorn Boa strap?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »
Luke I wouldn't try it. What if it doesn't work out and you ruin your only good selway quiver? I have the thunderhorn and a selway slide on long bow quiver. Both are great quivers. If I were you I would check in to my first selway which was the removable one I  switched it back and forth on my curves . Check into if it would fit a longbow as well then put your selway on the classifieds to cover some of the costs. Also check into the thunder horn "black plastic" instead of the leather thunderhorn.I think I only paid around 40.00 for mine if I can remember correctly.This way you can easily swap the "HORN "quiver from one bow to the other.

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Selway slide on quiver with a Thunderhorn Boa strap?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
heck I wouldn't cut the selway slide but I bet you can take the heads off and re-attach them to a home built bracket with a stretch stap.

after all the bracket is just a rubber coated piece of flat metal bent in a U-shape w/a pin to lock the strap in place.

good luck and go-for-it, I dare ya!!  :saywhat:
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©