3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Selfbow for deserving lefty has been chosen  (Read 416 times)

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Selfbow for deserving lefty has been chosen
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
I have been going through my selfbow collection and found a few that wanted to move on. I would like to offer my very first selfbow to a deserving lefty. It is 66" long, 50# @ 28", and made from an osage stave that spent a good deal of time underwater in Oklahoma before it was cured and made into a bow. It has quite a lot of character and is very dark. I must say that it has a little hand shock, but not too much. I will include a few goodies to go with the bow.

I would like this bow to go to a young person or perhaps someone who is just developing an interest in traditional archery.

Please nominate someone you know, and a family member would be fine.

Remember, this is a LEFT HANDED bow.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Selfbow for deserving lefty has been chosen
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
I have 16 year old, he  loves traditional and primitive archery . He going to be writer one day...He is my son Mason....he is left eye domiant too.:)this is great gesture...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:31:00 PM »
I have an older Gentleman, now retired, that comes in and looks at my bows and comments that he sure wished he had a self bow.  He now shoots an older Bear, which I have given him arrows.  Living on a budget, gets him very little so I am sure he would be honored to receive something like that.  He is a lefty...but we won't say "wrong hand" on here....heheh
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
I have a lefty son that would love a selfbow! He has just recently parted with his wheels and is getting started with an old bear curve but is definatley interested in selfbows!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
It is perfect specs for my left-eyed brother.  He is a bachelor in his twenties that appreciates old-time quality and primitive technologies.  He plants trees in his spare time and enjoys preserving nature and building wildlife habitat.  I would like to see him get into trad, and I know this would do it.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
I have one....ME!! Just kidding with you Bob! I am proud to kow you, sir! Very generous of you and some lucky youngster is gonna be very pleased!   :notworthy:  Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Edited- Sorry, I wasn't paying attention fully. I didn't see the "youth or new to" part.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
Very nice gesture.    :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline b8fshn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
How about the troops over in Iraq (Camp Cuervo Archery Club, Baghdad), Check out Michigan Longbow page. They ship it and are in constant contact with troops in country and those getting ready to return to Iraq. They prefer taditional archery equipment. Checkout this link (http://www.michiganlongbow.org/new_page_3.htm) and I think you will find your deserving person. The pictures are awesome I am packaging  up 3 bows that are just collecting dust and sending them this month.
"Here's a hunting tip,If you don't live where you can hunt hogs...MOVE" Terry Green, Bowhunters of the Tradgang.com DVD

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »
I am 16, but I have a two bows, though I would love a selfbow, this should go to someone starting in trad, great thing your doing
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »
Good going!  I hope this bow goes to someone very deserving and makes impact on them.
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
Very nice Bob!

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
ttt
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Plainsman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
Ghost Dog,

That sure is a nice gesture and I appreciate the fact you are preferring new or young as well as a lefty!   :)  

My son, Connor, just started getting into archery last year and his bow is already too 'light' for him.  He is left eye dominant and shooting left handed accordingly.  I'm a rightie myself, so I don't have anything that will work for him.  

He is 8 y.o. and big and strong for his age.  His draw length isn't very long yet and I am considering a 45-50# @ 28" bow for him already.

He's taken to instinctive shooting very naturally and has 'only' shot a bow that way.  His first night of 'leagues' is Friday too!   ;)  

Here's a link to a couple of 'baby pics!'   :)  
  http://www.stormloader.com/plainsman/family.html

Thanks for the chance!  :)
Plainsman   :) 
[email protected]

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
I will make a choice tomorrow. I would like to get a couple more "nominees" if possible. Thanks to everyone so far.

Offline thefirehuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Nice gesture i too have a left handed left eye dominant son of 19 who i have been apart from since he was 8. Outside a few weekends here and there no choice of my own. The one thing im trying to develope an interest in with him is the magic of the stick and string. I think his curiosity will keep him seeking me out and the time a field a chance to see who his father truly is. I have a selfbow i built with a mentor, but im sure my son would get some use out of his own.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
that there is a real nice gesture someone is going to be a very happy person good on ya bro.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
I would like to put my left handed friend, Steve Robinson, in for your bow. He is from Bonnieville, Ky originally. He now lives in PRP, which is on the outskirts of Louisville. He has a strong native american ancestry and interest in archery. We have been talking about flint arrowheads and a little bit of everything else to go along with it. I am into traditional archery myself and have started making my own bows. I sparked an interest, in trad. gear, with him last year. Just as he was about to break into it, he rolled his Bronco over in an accident and lost his left arm. He is in the process of getting his "bionic" arm now. He has been down recently because of his, readiness for a bow, was delayed. This may just be the ticket to bring him back around to a more positive outlook, something to "look forward to". I'm not exploiting his bad luck just to get him a free bow but I think it would make a big difference in his life at the moment. Thank you for taking my nomination into consideration. I would be glad to pay for postage. Have a good day and good luck with all your future endeavors !!
Danny Roberts

Offline Philip Morris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
A fella I go to church with is wanting to get into Trad archery.  He had open heart back before Thanksgiving so not much of a chance to get anything in the near future.  

Phil
Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of to morrow, for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Thanks everybody, I have made a choice.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©