3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Camo dipping  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow Camo dipping
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
What is your opinion on camo dipping trad bows. Would you ever consider having your bow camo dipped if you could get it done at a good price?
What would you consider a good price to have it done?
John

Offline Buckhammer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Camo dipping
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
I enjoy the look of wood. I don't even own a gun with a synthetic or camo stock. I'm afraid I wouldn't want any of my bows dipped even if it were free. The beauty of the various wood grains and colors are one of my favorite perks to being trad :-)
JMO - Mark

Offline highnoonhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
I have no idea what would be a good price. But I have one metal riser and another one on the way, that I think would be nice with camo. I be interested.

Bows used for hunting turkey would be nice with camo.

I've got/had some bows that I like to look at, even though they're hunting bows, I wouldn't like to camo them.

hnh
Member: Christian Bowhunters of America
Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
International Internet Leathercrafters' Guild, Inc.
-
Holmes Mongoose reverse handle longbow. 63" 63@28
Longriver Longbow: 69" 69@28
Kolometz Kustom Longbow 66" 76@28

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I have seen sevral done and I believe they cost around $200 give or take for a Traditional bow depending on the company. I do not mind the look but would not get  one done as  I lik ethe look of my bows woods too much. I have taped a whole bow though and did not mind as it was easily removed. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 02:07:00 AM »
I used to paint mine with a rattle can. I don't camo my bows any more,though. Here's a picture of an Assenheimer bow,all painted.

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:05:00 AM »
I'd have a metal riser dipped.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 07:18:00 AM »
John,Great idea----as you know already I think it is a good thought.
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »
We are considering starting a camo dipping business catering primarily to trad archery people. There are a lot of older ugly bows that are great shooters that might be more desirable as a camo. We have had a few camo dipped bows pass thru our shop and they sell very quickly, that is what started us thing about doing it. I am interested in how many might consider having their bow dipped and what they might pay to have it done. Your opinions will be appreciated.
John

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
I would not have a bow dipped. I would be more inclined to use the limb skins as they are cheap and removable. There are very few circumstances that I would consider bow camo as critical. JMO

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
Hi John;
            I would have certain bows of mine Camo dipped , if the prices were better! A dip right now is around $150.00, i can get a refinish on  a Bow for that or less. The Price would have to be around $75.00 -$80.00 for me to consider it. Hope this helps you! Good luck.

Offline bear1336

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
I want to have my Super K dipped, I believe I got a price of $150 plus shipping.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up, totally worn out, with bible in hand and loudly proclaim...WOW...What a Ride!!!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
I have thought about it.  I don't think I would pay over 100.00 bucks.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »
I built a short 54" take down recurve for a turkey bow. I wanted to get it camo dipped but was told between $150-175. That is way too much, I can't see spending as much on camo as I did building the bow. It would have to be $50-75 for me to do it.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
A friend of mine sent his bow to a place that dips guns, they did a wonderful job, looks really good. He paid around $75 to have it dipped. The bow is a 50s style Black Widow recurve. I am not familiar with the different models being a selfbow guy.

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
John,

I am in the process right now of trying to decide where to send my bow for camo dipping. I would specifically like to have it dipped in Predator Green Deception, is this a pattern you're thinking about?

I'd love to send it to you for dipping, if you decide to start doing it.

Russ

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
I am about to camo my Quinn Stallion myself(paint) but would like to have it dipped. The problem is price. $100-$150 to dip a $200 bow is just a little to steep. It will cost me less than $20 to paint it myself, and I would have enough paint left over to camo several other bows. I have been experimenting with camo patterns, and it is not too hard to paint one and get a great looking bow.

What about a camo painting business? This might be something that more people would do based on price. Let's face it, most people camo a cheaper bow or a very plain looking bow. Most will not dip or camo an expensive "pretty" bow.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline The Talon3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
I have a kodiak that I would like to have dipped I don't like the black glass like the bow

Offline BFinegan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
I'd have it done for a bow that I intended to keep. I was thinking a bout it several months ago and ended up putting cloth camo tape on it instead.

I'd send you my Martin Hunter as they are a dime a dozen. I would say no to a custom bow but then problably would like a set of take downs limbs dipped and leave the riser alone. Depening on the riser wood it could look pretty good.
"Ships in Harbor are safe, but that is not what Ships were made for"

Offline pumatrax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
can you dip an UGLY Selway slip on quiver (rubber)..

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
We are not sure of any patterns yet. We have made contact with a few sources and we have a place selected to do this business. I believe it will be a  month or two before we get up and running. But one thing for sure, we will good prices.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©