3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tiller help needed-pics  (Read 739 times)

Offline TimberBound

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller help needed-pics
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
I think I got this picture uploaded right, if not I'll try and redo it. It is my first selfbow since I was a kid, pulled to about 55 pounds, my target weight. Obviously, I am not near my target draw of 29 inches, rather I am at about 10 inches of draw. I just wanted your all's opinion of the tiller. I think I have a hinge on the fades, but any insights and steps for correction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Timberbound

Offline Sneakypete

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller help needed-pics
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
TB, I don't claim to be an expert, but it appears to me you need to tiller midlimb and toward tips. That will give you a more evenly distributed bend and take some stress off the fades, which is the place all of my failed bows have blown up -- never midlimb or tips. Go easy and shoot a dozen arrows between each tillering session, as you no doubt know. I wish my first bow had looked this good! You might also work the handle riser for a gentler, less-abrupt taper. Good luck.

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Sneakypete has good advice, I don't see any hindge.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline TimberBound

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Thanks a lot. I am going to smooth out the taper as soon as I'm sure that the bow isn't going to blow up. Thanks,

Timberbound

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©