3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hill Bow Gose To Europe,,,,, + Pics  (Read 940 times)

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hill Bow Gose To Europe,,,,, + Pics
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
P.S....I hardly shoot any other bow these days, and I just received a new Bear Cub from Craig for my 6 year old boy. I think I over-bowed him and may have to sell it and have another one made. Post some more pics. if you get time...good stuff. Take Care.

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
I just noticed you're shooting without an arm guard....haven't been able to pull that off with any of my Hills. I have paid the price for trying though:)

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
James, great thread. Thanks for taking the time to put down your story and the pictures. I have come full circle on my opinion of these bows, from "beercan grip" and "kicks like a mule" to I don't know how I got by so long without one. Good Hunting!

Offline TSP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
Yes James, thanks for your story and for the excellent photos.  I have two Hill bows and yup, they are definately addictive!  There's no prettier bow profile than a Hill longbow at full draw...and I haven't found a quieter bow yet (after shooting LOTS of bows).

The best part of your story, though, is simply how much you seem to like shooting and owning your bow.  There's something about the pure joy that someone shows in using and apprciating old-style traditional gear....well its just good to see.

Good luck with your shooting, and with your upcoming hunt(s).  And please do post any more pics you might come up with.      :thumbsup:

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Sweet looking bow man! Can't wait to have a shot with it! Great pics!  ;)
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
Nice bow James,nice story too.
Gil
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Cool pics.Good luck hunting.

Offline Trad Man 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
it very nice that you all enjoyed reading my thred and you all seemed to like the pictures that my little brother took of me,, ill pass on the compliments to him,,

when i come back from Namibia and South Africa ,, ill definalt post the pics and storyes and adventures that i had with my hill bow over there,,  

Andy,,,yep i cant wait to get back and start some serious practicing for the hunt,,
Yip its pritty cold over here in Finland still,,, im really looking forward to going to Africa,, get some hot sun on my skin,,  :)  

c ott  yes, i were an arm guard,, but in these pictures it is under my jummper,,

Thanks
James

Offline HunterLawyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »
That is the kind of excitement and interest that makes trad shooting worthwhile. If you love your equipment like James does, you are more apt to use it and enjoy it.
Howard Hill Wesley Special 68", 55#@29 takedown
Howard Hill Halfbreed 70", 70#@29
Robertson Mystical 70", 66#@29
Chekmate Hunter II 60", 60#@28
Howard Hill recurve 66", 51#@28
Pearson Colt recurve 62", 52#@28

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
Great story and pics. Enjoy yourself.

Offline Gerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
Great story and fantastic phots, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Offline HunterLawyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
"...just not quite getting it back to my anchor,, at full draw,, but its nothing a few extra pressups, pull ups a bit of extra breakfast and practice wont solve"  ....   true that!

James, check out John Martin's workout for heavy bows on the Longbowmen website. I am 6'1", 185, and I have found them to be very effective in increasing my comfortable poundage for bow shooting. I had an injured shoulder, so I was super careful on form and starting with light weights. Now I do the exercises 3x week with 15 pound weights and my 66@28, 70" halfbreed Hill is very comfortable at my draw length of 29---probably 68-70 pounds.

Also, it is great to see two brothers having fun outdoors together. My brother and I used to hunt and fish all the time together growing up in Vermont, USA, and I treasure those memories. Now that we are grown with families, we still try to get together and hunt/fish, at least a few times a   year. The relationship in those instances is the same as when we were teenagers. Good for you that you are building a friendship with your brother.

Bill Smith
Howard Hill Wesley Special 68", 55#@29 takedown
Howard Hill Halfbreed 70", 70#@29
Robertson Mystical 70", 66#@29
Chekmate Hunter II 60", 60#@28
Howard Hill recurve 66", 51#@28
Pearson Colt recurve 62", 52#@28

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »
Africa is gonna be awesome James! I'm really looking forward to SA with you and Andy!   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :campfire:
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©