3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Primal Dreams Revisited  (Read 719 times)

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
Primal Dreams Revisited
« on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »
Bought Primal Dreams DVD when it first came out and watched it a few times on the TV we had at the time,a 32" Sony,just a regular TV.

Over the Holidays we bought a 52" LCD HD Flat Screen(1080i w/120hz refresh) and a Sony Home Theatre system(5.1 Dolby Surround)with an up-convertable DVD player to go along with it.

I just got finished watching Primal Dreams again and let me tell you,it was an ENTIRELY different experience!!This DVD must be watched with an awesome system to really believe just how spectacular the scenery and videography is.I was overwhelmed with it,just unbelievable!!!I could hear the deer eating the beans,see every bug flying around them,ect.I mean it was great all over again!!

I would absolutely LOVE to see this at an IMAX Theatre!!
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Primal Dreams Revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
Sounds lie your ready  to step to an even bigger and better system then that small 52" you have.

To make it easy, I'll take it off ya hands..  :thumbsup:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline slayer1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »
That was a great video. I have a copy myself. My favorite parts were the ones of the "woody" buck. He is the only buck that I ever saw that looked bigger after his velvet came off. lol

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
I enjoyed the Elk part, I get goose bumps every time i hear them Bugle. Best DVD period!
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
Yep best DVD there is. I would love to watch it on a system like that
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
Thanks again for the great feedback on Primal Dreams. Our original production was well received and appreciated by 99% of the viewers. One of our few complaints was, at almost two hours in length, it was hard to share with anyone but the most avid hunters. Since our goal in producing this DVD was to "spread the word" and improve the hunter image, I'm pleased to announce we have just finished re-editing Primal Dreams into a condensed approximately 50 minute version specifically produced for schools, hunters-ed classes (not just Bowhunter-Ed), libraries, church groups, hunting organizations, non-hunting friends and family and anyone else who needs to hear the message to pass and share the positive hunter image. Editor David Mitten did an absolutely brilliant job blending the original sound track into the condensed version. The new format should be available in mid-March through  www.brothersofthebow.com  and will sell for considerabley less than the original full length production. Please feel free to share this will your friends. And yes, the original 2 hour production is also still available. Thanks. BW

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
That's great Barry    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline barebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
Barry,

Is there any chance that you folks would consider making a sound track CD of the original version of Primal Dreams? It would be a real pleasure to listen to the music and narration while driving back and forth to work. Thanks!
"Killing an animal is intrinsic to the hunt. It shouldn't be glorified, but conducted with respect and reverence..." - Gene Wensel _ Primal Dreams

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
Primal Dreams is a movie you should watch often.  If it has been a while, play it.  If you have friends over and you're looking for something to have running in the background play it.  It's too good to sit in a drawer somewhere.

Whenever I watch it, I find myself making it a point to get out in the woods soon thereafter.

It's a classic!
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
The best part of the video is the very last minute when the fellow walks away carrying two huge whitetails on his back.  Who is that guy?!  Hope Big Foot doesn't try to pick a fight with him!  Poor Big Foot!

Brant
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
That Big fellow is Mr.Mike Mitten. Thoose are big Whitetails too.
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline rybohunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
Just to resound the sentiment....awesome DVD, hands down the best hunting related thing I've ever saw.

Offline mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
I use parts of it in my Firearms safety classes every year. It seems to get everyone enthused about hunting. A couple of people taking the class just for the safety aspect have mentioned they might have to take up hunting after seeing the video.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Wow, I'd like to see it on a system like that. It's nothing short of fantastic on my regular TV! Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »
Yes we are finishing the final editing of the Special Condensed Edition of Primal Dreams this week. It is much more message based and we feel it will work better in the classroom setting. It should be even more enjoyable and much easier for non-hunters to understand some of the reason why we hunt. We added a few more scenes and wrote additional narrations to help with the flow.  The sounds of the wild seem crisper. We feel this 50-minute version is the best we can offer with the equipment available to us. Thank you all for your critique of the original. We hope this new version will be ready to launch in March.
Mike

PS. My AVATAR gives you a better look at the bucks seen in the final scene. :>) Ha!

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
Mike is that guy over there with the bad back....    I like to tell people he is carrying those two down over the hill to pick up a third.

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Hmmm... How to say this. I got PD for Christmas and   had long anticipated seeing this video. I will say that the footage was fantastic and I got a real thrill out of watching it. However, I have to admit, it fell short of my expectations given all of the attention and praise it had received. I was expecting a journey through the heart of traditional bowhunting. Some real insight as to why I hunt. As I watched all the wonderful critter footage, I kept waiting for the movie to start...then I realized it was almost over. For me, the movie was less about bowhunting, than a celebration of the animals we hunt. I think it would have been more meaningful to me had it followed a few hunts and told a story of those hunts rather than lots of neat footage and a few close ups of guys admiring their kills with no background of how those magnificent animals were brought to the  ground.

I realize I am sticking my neck WAY out with this crowd, but I offer these thoughts as constructive criticism only. I'm not trying to incite its many fans or start an argument. I just think if this video is to grab non-hunters and give them some real insight, it needs to tell the stories more completely. The faces need to have names and history to those who do not know of the legends in the film. Just my thoughts, but I am curious if anyone else felt similarly....or will admit to it and if Barry and Mike got any similar feedback!   :D

Offline T.J.

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
:biglaugh:   I'd like to see Mike and bigfoot go at it to
"...Watching a buck turn back seeing his form melt away, a hunter will feel an inner smile. There's no other place he wishes to be and never does he feel more alive..."

~Gene Wensel (Primal Dreams)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline feve316

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
I hope you guys get busy on the sequel soon and I hope it is about 8 hours long so I have something good to watch every night for a week. Then I could watch it over the next week. That would make my winter off go faster.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
That's great guys!.....The 1st was is a real special video for sure.....not too long for me.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©