3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Treesaddle or Guido's Web  (Read 768 times)

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treesaddle or Guido's Web
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
I looked at guido's website and like the looks of the stand, mainly for the added safety. I have been looking for a method that eliminates the unsucured instant when you change from climbing mode to standing mode  and step onto the stand that my harness has. Anything that lets you do what you are doing anyway more safely is a worthy investment.

Does anyone know whether guidos rolls up for carrying in a back pack for backcountry trips or would you have to strap it on to the pack flat?

You find out about lots of interesting things on this site.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
When using the tree saddle, if you're doing it properly you are never unsecured from the tree. You have a strap to go around the tree while you climb and put on whatever type of steps you're using. Then when you are where you want to be you wrap the other strap around the tree and secure yourself before you unhook the climbing belt. Very safe if you follow instructions.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
LastArrow, you would need to strap the guido's on, it won't roll up, you would need to strap it on your pack flat.  I was hesitant to buy the web when I first heard of it, mainly because it is more expensive than the others.  I am glad I did though, it fits like a glove and there is no way I am falling out of a tree while using one.

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Doesn't anybody use the tree suit?  I have been very happy with mine.  It is a similar style of the two being discussed.  Is there something I don't know about the tree suit?
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©