3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tree shark HELP  (Read 968 times)

Offline nevada cody

• Trad Bowhunter
tree shark HELP
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »
Hi im going hunting in south australia for red deer  in march .
would the simmons glue on tree shark be ok out ,off a 66# bw plv 30inch draw 31inch arrows
beman mfx  ca 300 grain upp front total arrow
weighth ca 700grain+  .
im just not sure that big wide 2" blade  penetrates enough because its so wide it may have to break more ribs than a ordinary 2 blade  
heads, any one used these heads on bigger deer like the red . reason im considering the simmons tree ,is their is very thick scrub ,and i want a good blood trail and a quick recovery, iff they disapear in the scrub they are realy hard to find, and you cut your self upp realy bad following them, dont know what the scrub brush is called but it is hard to walk trough to long ,
maximum range would be ca 20m. o iforgot do they
fly ok windplaning .
thanx in advance for any answers
best reg cody
ps sorry for bad spelling i live in australia but originaly from sweden

Online Magnum in Ms

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tree shark HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
I got some of the 2" screw in tree sharks but have not shot any game with them yet. You will need to keep your feathers dry and standing up with them.I bare shaft tuned with field points in the same wieght(DO NOT BARE SHAFT THESE HEADS!!!!) and the broadheads shot fine till I tried them with wet feathers.

Yes I did bare shaft one of them   :o  and I will NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. I shot at a bag on the ground at 15yds and not only did I miss the bag I missed the ground. The arrow turned staight up and went at least 35-40ft in the air making a whizing noise and came down in a curving arch sticking in the ground about 75yds away.   :scared:  Good thing I was in a open area and nobody around.  :knothead:
Every one is ignorant its just on different subjects

Offline nevada cody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
maybe i should try  4 fletch for the tree shark i shoot 3 5" helical now .
i have points in same weighth as tree shark  my arrows are flying perfekt bare shaft to 20 m they nosedive a bit at 30 but i got alot off weighth upp front .
i orderd 6 tree sharks yesterday iff i can not get them to fly ok i have stos 13o with 75 grain adapter and i also have magnus125  and simmons125 landsharks i just wanted something that would make a big hole and i like two blade heads .
i have also bareshafted broad heads i also knew you should not bareshaft broadheads but i actualy got my simmons 125 to hit the target at 15 close to center  but my magnus were al over the place lol i hade a safe backstopp when i tried it and there were no people for miles
thanx cody
ps sorry for bad spelling i live in australia but originaly from sweden

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
I have used the 160 interceptors with great success , An Eland that went about 80-90 yards , a 48" Kudu that went 40 yards ,have had 2 big Black Bear drop within site to mention a few , it's a sharp head and where you hit them that is really important, my thoughts , Fred
Greyfox54

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
Unless your deer are buffalo sized, you've got more than enough!  I'd not be the least bit concerned about penetration, more likely you'll have a hard time finding your arrows they'll be passing through so fast!

Have fun, good hunting!
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©