3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Zwickey Single Bevel  (Read 752 times)

Offline coyote2

• Trad Bowhunter
Zwickey Single Bevel
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
I was on 3Rivers web sight last night and was thinking about geting some more Zwickey No Mercy Broadheads so I clicked on them and it said that "Zwickey is working on releasing the No Mercy in single bevel for LW & RW" sounds like some time in February I hunted last fall with the No Mercy and it peformed great caint wait to try them in a single bevel and have a choice of LW or RW it is great to see Zwickey coming out with some new stuff

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Zwickey Single Bevel
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
thats cool, I wish they would give a option of a 160 gr or so
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
The LW/RW thing is what prevented me from buying Grizzlies this go around. I looked at the Abowyer heads but too pricey for me. I ended up with regular Zwickey's Eskilites and adapters.

I am looking for something in 145 finished (w/screw in adapter). I hope Zwickey will come up with something for us lightweight guys. I know Steel Force has one coming but not sure about LW.

I know, I know, but I do not want to have to buy a new clamp and indexer for the Bitz.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
That's cool, I hadn't heard that.  If they bring out single bevel Zwickey's we'll get them in the door as fast as the truck will bring 'em!   :D
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Ben Woodring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:46:00 PM »
If they really do come out with a left wing bevel I'll be ordering them, that's what's kept me from going that route.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
I would certainly be interested in them.  Seems it will call for a pretty major redesign of the ferrule system.  Now it's three thicknesses opf metal at the front end of the blade.  Putting a single bevel on that configuration would leave one layer of steel working in opposition of the bevel.

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
I just called Zwickey, and they advised me that they are in fact, making the 'no mercy' in both a left and a right single bevel and that they are just waiting on packaging before they are ready. She said they should be avaiable by as early as march.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
Wonder if any prototypes will show up at K-Zoo this weekend?

Offline britts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
Sure would like to see them in a heavier weight...like 160.

Offline kahunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
I saw in TBM that STOS has changed hands, and also has a single-bevel broadhead in the works.  It sounds like that design has really caught on.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
Yep.  I really like STOS.  Killed an elk with one this year.  Basically the same construction as the Zwickey -- three thickenesses of steel up front.  It, too, will need a redesigned ferrule for single beveling.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »
I don't think any prototypes will show up at kzoo this weekend Orion.  I could be wrong, but as of a couple days ago Danny didn't have any as of yet. But if he does get one I'm sure we'll have it with us.  Danny and Jack have been working on this work a little while and Danny hunted with some No Mercy LW single bevels this past fall.  Pretty sharp little head. I just might have to give it a whirl this fall. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©