3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting RER in PA  (Read 411 times)

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shooting RER in PA
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
Hello all,

I recently put in a order to Kevin with Rivers Edge Recurves. My order is considered a 'stock'bow, and he said after he is done making it he will give me the option to buy it or pass. He usually makes a bow or two with my specs for his shows he attends, so I will have first dibs on buying this recurve.

My question is, does anyone own a RER Arroyo in the Pittsburgh area that wouldn't mind me shooting it? I feel a little uneasy about buying a bow blindly. If anyone has any ideas on how to get an arroyo in my hands within the next few months it would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting RER in PA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
I understand your uneasiness, but I can assure you that dealing with Kevin and shooting the arroyo won't result in a big disappointment.  ;)

I've shot several of his bows and they are very very nice...... especially the arroyo.   :thumbsup:  

Just search the classifieds and you'll see how quickly those arroyos get scooped up !
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Working with Kevin and Sue is a pleasure, have two vortex's and had two t/d recurves. Excellent bows and if Kevin gives you a take it or leave it proposition, there won't be hard feelings either way.
 Understand the uncertainty but you won't be disappointed-if you find you don't like it, it won't be too hard to "pass" along.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Only one good reason a bowyer can give you a "buy or pass" option: Because they know the product will speak for itself.

I can not possibly imagine any better folks to have the opportunity to deal with. A true pleasure every time.

I've had three RER's, two of them "stock" bows and would compare them to only the best. You really can hardly go wrong if Kevin sets you up with a bow. The only thing that you may want different would be another wood combination... and that's why I keep buying them.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
thanks for the info.

Kevin is an awesome guy. He was real real helpful. Still have yet to hear bad things about RER's, and this is making it easier on me for sure.

Matt

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Great bows and Kevin and Sue are great people. I love my Arroyo. It is still kind of tough as some bows the grip may not agree with you and such. If ya like a forward handle medium to high wrist grip that is a bit bigger than most yet smaller than some you will love this bow! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Got my 54" Arroyo almost three weeks ago and love it. Going to post pics and performance info sometime later.
I think Kevin will send out a demo bow for you to test drive if I'm not mistaken? But you make ut sound like he may be a little low on them right now?

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 05:50:00 AM »
no more demo's as someone screwed that up, they had a hard time getting a bow back or payment.
 Kevin is hard at it and sure to have "stock" bows soon.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©