INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: deer skin  (Read 755 times)

Offline theunluckyhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
deer skin
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
i just got a hair on deer skin from my taxidermist to use on sheaths...has anybody done a sheath with the hair on the outside??? or should i just have the hair facing in?

i also got what i guess is a cow belly it is pretty thin leather, about twice as thick as suede. what do yall use as sheath liners??? i have been using some plastic folders and it has been working ok.
anything can happen on a texas friday night, if you dont mind your manners you dont mind a fight

Offline theunluckyhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: deer skin
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
???????
anything can happen on a texas friday night, if you dont mind your manners you dont mind a fight

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:43:00 AM »
Never done one hair on. I would guess that you would put the hair on the outside. If it is that thin then it might have to be glued to a heavier leather. I haven't used a plastic sheath liner...just good old leather with a sturdy welt.
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline theunluckyhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »
i was working with what i had... on the last sheath i did i had some medium thickness stuff out of one of the tandy grab bag things and i put some really thin tan stiff on the outside for looks and some thin plastic on the inside. it turned out really good and is thein but TOUGH

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©