3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: St. Judes...Getting to $100,000 Ideas  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: St. Judes...Getting to $100,000 Ideas
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline ArcticArcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Wasn't Bernie the cheerleader   :scared:    last year?
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud member of the Twister Twelve

Offline MW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
Terry,

I have been thinking since we talked and my only concern is the added work for you guys.

I like the idea of the t-shirts if shipping could be worked out.

My son has been saving all year and wants to play it would be nice if there were some (a bunch) of smaller items so that everyone can get something.

Any Utah folks want to colaborate on something or a couple hundred somethings?

Mitch
<---TGMM Family of the bow---<<<<

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
Better check into shipping envelopes and costs for the T-Shirts. You could be shipping a few hundred and it would be good to have an idea of what you'll need to have added on to cover the extra costs because they will add up and you don't want to be on the hook for them.
Good thinking.  I'm also going to check with two shops we have worked with in the past.  Maybe we can get a bulk deal where the more shirts that we buy the less they cost so the kids get more money!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
I like the t shirt idea, those are the kinds of ideas that will let more people get involved in the bidding. There are some out there that I'm sure would like to do there part but don't have the financial resources to go big. Any how with all these heads getting together thinking up ideas there will surly be some good ones.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
LOL, I am always "Cheering" (and "jeering") everyone on, every year, AA - with love'n pleasure!   :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
Here my two cents for what it's worth.

Great idea to have all bids end at different time. You will absolutely maximize funds raised.

But it is a double edge sword where you may also turn off those with limited funds that are expendable for such an event like this where there only way to win is being there at the right time in space.

Even though it for a GREAT CHARITY, sometimes in life we have to stop the drool from ruining what is suppose to be a fun event for all who are members here on Tradgang.

This bidding where it gets extended by 5 minutes is something I've used quite exstensively when I bid in the construction field called "Reverse Auctions".
A concept that recently is not being used very often anymore to many reasons (mostly contractors thinking with the notion when bidding that "If he can do it for $2000 then I can do it for $100 less” attitude many have gotten burnt and the Owners have to deal with a crying contractor's)

When we've bid it is set up for say a 20 minute window. When a bid is placed within the last 2 minutes, 2 more minutes get added on to the clock. So if a bid is placed with 1.5 minutes left, there is now 3.5 minutes. I've had bids go 2 hours with only 5 intials bidders starting and two of us fighting at the end. And that’s with contractors basically bidding down their profit margins.
Here with more bidders bidding up which theoretically could be endless, it will most likely go longer then what one might expect.
So be prepared for the really "wanted" auctions to spend alil time by the computer bidding.

There are a few issues to think about.

1- Do you have the program for a live auction that extends like that? Big companies pay big dollars for this. Perfect Commerce in Texas is the one I deal with when I bid for Utility companies here in the Big Apple.

2- Times left to bid will vary on each ones computer as you must wait for your browser to refresh after each time a bid is placed in the auction is extended due to multiple bids being placed at the same time.

Good luck with any way you go.
JIM
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Online DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »
We have 15000+ members. a pledge of $10 a person would net us $150,000.00.  If 2/3 gave it would make the $100,000.00 goal....About $2 a month till June...Just a thought.  I hope my math is right.

DesertDude  I'll Pledge $10
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
Great idea Talondale!  :clapper:

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Don't you just love brainstorming?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Duck1968

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
How about a raffle item for each of the 4 days . $5 a chance draw the winner at the close of the auction each day.

Brian

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »
TTT
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
Terry,

Any way to rig the site so it costs you a $1.00 every time you go online during dates of auction??? Just a thought.
hunt it

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Don't think so Dave Stinson.

Had another thought.....to keep down the confusion on finding threads/listings...I think Doug and I will 'feature/stickey' post every listing...that way the items wont go back to the top and keep the board shuffling....they will stay in the same exact order that they are listed, hence staying on the same page once the auction starts.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
That might be rough on some of the back page items Terry. Part of the fun is bringing an item back to the front and egging folks on. Coming to the top also lets folks know there was activity on that item.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Well, maybe not so good a thought. Good point Vmonster......lets keep kicking it around.....

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Keep 'em "shufflin'" - just like songs/artists on a good MP3 player -   :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
Dave,...I don't think we will feature them after all SINCE we are going to have 4 forums....there will most likely be only 2 pages per forum...NOT like having 5 or 6 to deal with.

I think featuring them would be a good idea if we had one giant forum like before.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
Terry,

OK here's another thought, we did this for DU one time for an online auction. In order to bid you must pre register and get an approved bidder # and say it costs $10.00 to do so. Those that don't pre register prior to auction starts could do so during auction but costs $15.00 then (we used bigger #'s like $25.00 and $50.00). This would generate extra funds and stop snipping and such.
hunt it

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »
I think spreading the auctions to four seperate ones will lesson alot of confusion, hard to imagine getting over two pages each but who knows. One of my biggest problems is finding stuff that keeps moving when we've got upwards of 6 pages.

I'm thinking the first auction would run maybe four days then close the remaining three over the next three days. That would stretch the whole thing out to a week, don't know if I can take any more excitement than that  ;)  

Closing seperate thread after five minutes of no bids could get very complicated unless Terry and Rob have some means of making it happen. Remember I'm just a simple ol country boy...

Here's a #1 cheerleader in my book  ;)

Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©