3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Straight From The Heart  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
Straight From The Heart
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
This bow is dedicated to the heart surgeon that did my open heart surgery back in September.This man was very dedicated to my care and his expert skills helped save my life. I wanted to do something special in return.Knowing he had taken a liking to my laburnum character bow, I decide on a snaky juniper limb stave. This stave proved to be very difficult and challenging and I often wondered if my efforts were in vain. Several other, much straighter staves, tempted me to give up on this one and do something easier. I realized that this man would never give up on one of his paitents and then Mark St.Louis made a comment about making Anne-Marie's bow with alot of feeling.
  As I pondered the hours I had poured into the bow I realized that it is the time spent, that gives the worth to it's maker. I found as I quit counting hours, I wanted even more to make every detail better. Seems there has been a good lesson for life in this.
  The journey for this bow also made me realize there is many things in common with surgery. My wife and I had alot of fun doing a mock surgery on the bow taking pictures for the whole process.I will try to take the time and post the various stages that this bow took.
  Though it's not a real fast bow and it came in lighter than I was shooting for, this bow has a whole bunch of character.
Here are the stats:   Sinew/Rattlesnake  Backed Juniper limb with zebra wood tips and Gemsbok horn handle wraped in leather.  She is 61" NTN and 38 lbs. at 28"  The arrow rest is an elk tooth notched into the handle befor the leather wrap was added.Hope you like it.  Keenan

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Straight From The Heart
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Sorry about that last pic size. I resized it but it still coming up large.  Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
Too Cool my man!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »
Beautiful bow! Yes, please post more pictures of the process.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Superb work,for a really deserving man.

Well done!  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
that's absolutely beautiful!!!!!!
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
Great work, this bow especially, will carry a special meaning with it wherever it goes.  :thumbsup:  

I too would like to see more pics.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Thanks guys,
 Osage; I did a buildalong over on the PA site,but would be happy to post more here. Is there a particular process your intrested in?   Keenan

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
That is a awesome looking bow. Juniper is a geat looking would. Ya done a great job.Glad you are doing well.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Wowwww!Thats someting to look at.Hope Doc enjoys it and you stay well.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Geeze Keenan, I don't hear from you in months and today ya pop up in two places:) Nice job dude..

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
what a work of art.  awesome job!
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »
Thanks again for the compliments, Hey there Roy, sorry about being away.Getting back to the work load and playing catch up so my computor time has stayed fairly focused.
  Finally getting to where I can start shooting more and working on bows.   Keenan

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Not only can Keenan make bows...he can shoot them.

Here he is on our running antelope.

Keenan (on right) shootin pretty good for a guy getting ready to go under the knife.  He also built the cart.  My job...provide the horsepower so Keenan and Steve could get in the shootin.

I guess they got tired of looking for my arrows!

New Zealand bound Bob
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline Elusive One

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
That bow is beautiful!  Good job.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »
Have You already turned the Bow over to the Bows New Owner?? If so, I am sure he Appreciates it. If Not, He has a Fine Looking Surprise Coming to him!!!  :thumbsup:  
     Ya  BOTH  Done Good!!!  BLESS YOU BOTH!!   :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Roger Moerke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
The bow is awsome and so is the spirit in which it was made!!

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Ok Bob, Now for the real story. What bob is Not telling is that He out shoots all of us. And the cart was His brain storm I just built it.
  He's got a great place out there and has he group of trad shooters out about once a week in the summer. The hard part is not to shoot at the real critters comming into the field towards dark,,,,lol  
  The cart is actually alot of fun. We all get back in the trees at various spots and one brave soul volunters to ull the cart (with) the LONG rope.
 After you take a shot you run behind the other shooters to a position farther down the edge of the field and try to get another shot off.
 Not that anyone would hunt this way. But helps you with speed, quick decisions and instinctive shooting.
 But I really think it's Bob's way of getting more arrows. After we all leave he collects the strays hiding in the field.lol....That'll teach ya Bob...  Keenan

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Keenan... now don't go and start telling everyone.

It's true, I do have a motley assortment of arrows!

Now if I could just get you guys to shoot the same thing I could improve my lot in life.

Bob
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
Beautiful work! Lots of patience streched out for a long time when it comes to a good sinew backed bow. Gotta love em! Glad the surgery went well.   :thumbsup:   Lets see some more of those sinew bows. CK

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©