3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reparrow??  (Read 742 times)

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reparrow??
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »
Hey, you guys snuck up on this subject  while I'm at work and didn't notice!

HO'NEHE JEFF, I'll  send them anywhere now. I think  that was back  when I was thinking  of patenting the idea. If I marketed them in most countries before patenting, I  could not  get a patent.

Now I just rely on the fact that there isn't  a lot  of money to be made with them and  it's too  much trouble to set  up--and  I keep  my mouth shut about  how to  make  them.   :goldtooth:

I use  them every  time  I break a an arrow near the point. I dreamed them up for ME! But then  decided other  folks would have fun conquering  the  'broken arrow syndrome" too.

Glad  you guys like them.
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »
Jim,

Have you thought of doing some very dense-wood models???
thanks.
BD  :)

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
I use them and they work perfectly for their intended purpose.......extending the life of a tip broken arrow.I would love to see them offered in some very dense hardwoods and about 8-10" long.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
I think that would be neat also.  About 8" long and point tapered on the front end.  Then you could just cut the softwood arrow to your desired length and add a real hardwood, pre-tapered footing.

Good stuff though Jim!   :D
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
There are  some production  issues with making them longer. Most important is that a slight kink in a shaft  will  not show up at all  in a 4" length, but in eight  inches,  there's a waste factor of shafts that  are just  not  straight  enough.

I can do any wood I can get  in a dowel or square, but I have to leave a couple of  thousanths of an inch over cedar  size for sanding to  a smooth transition. I have  thought it too much work for the customer to sand those exotic  woods. This  is one part of archery whose reason for  being  is that  it's  easier.
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
I don't mind some sanding, and I would be interested in some heavy woods... :)

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
well jim thats good to hear so i can tell the guys at the club about them now thank you.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©