INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bag Knifes  (Read 693 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bag Knifes
« on: August 17, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
If you run out of ways to carry a knife, attach a sheath to your shooting or Possibles bag. Here's a couple of mine.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bag Knifes
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
Nice idea. Knives on the belt can get in the way sometimes so I was thinking of doing something similar but on the strap of my back quiver. What do you think?
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »
I think a knife on the back side of a back quiver is  handy.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
Nice looking knives and set-ups Mr. LaClair!

When I was little, my Granpa was a devout coon hunter. He did most of his hunting off BIG mules and with at least 4 hounds. I learned from him to never carry a fixed blade knife on my belt. A bad pile up or a serious mule wreck could gouge you pretty bad, giving a serious wound in the hip or leg.

I also carry my fixed blade knives on the shoulder strap of either my hunting bag, or my quiver. Or I just stick them in my pack. No need for a quick draw in my neck of the woods. I don't loose as many that way either.

I do like to look at your stuff. Thanks!

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mountaindog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
those all look great ron... i really like that ML knife on that possibles bag...  :thumbsup:    matt is a cool guy and fellow archer...  i have a few of his knives...
>>>>---LIFE IS A KNIFE---->   (X)

mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©