INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Handy little knife...  (Read 681 times)

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
Handy little knife...
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
I took 4 or 5 disposable cameras to get developed the other day. They had been stacking up from a few fishing trips and a hunt or two. As I was flipping through them I found a couple of pictures of the knife I made for the knife swap. I am no bladesmith, so this was a purchased blank. I wheedled around with the shape of it a little until I liked it.

Handle is blackwalnut from my hunting lease (so is the bead on the lanyard). I made the sheath as well. I dyed it green first. It came out REALLY GREEN! So I dyed it again with some acorn brown, then oiled it up with neetsfoot. It is a pretty small knife, but I liked it so well I ordered several more blades so I could make one for myself and some friends. The pictures are not great.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Handy little knife...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Looks good to me!!!!
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline woodsman1031

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Okkieth,

I like it, where did you get a blank that small at?

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks Clarence.

Tommy,
I ordered it from Texas Knife Supply, but I think Jantz has them as well under a different model name. Here is a link to the TKS catalog:
  Small Skinner Blade-TKS  

I was not real big on all the sharp angles on the blank, so I smoothed them over some.

I really like this blade. I think it would make a pretty good neck knife as well.

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline woodsman1031

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »
Okkieth,

Thanks for the link.

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©