3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Walking Mud Flats  (Read 629 times)

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Walking Mud Flats
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
Well,  I have spent some time in that southern mud. See, we were only aloud to wear are US Army issued boots though.  I was throwing out a suggestin I've tried up here. Our mud in New England isn't that bad though. Must be the clay in your mud that's just brutal. Every step your boots get bigger, thinker, wider, and heavier. I figure maybe with the plastic, it wouldn't stick, but you guy's know better then I, Good Luck.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Walking Mud Flats
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
I know this may sound absolutely nuts, but, how about trying some old skis? I'm sure they are a bit hard to come by for you guys, but people throw them out up north all the time. If you'd like I could find out how much it is to mail you a free pair. Just need to know your shoe size. Cross country would work even better. It's almost like walking, just kind of suffleing along insted. With a couple poles to stableize you you could most likely slip across that in a jiffy. You figure, you punch right through snow, but with the skis you sit on top?
  Besides anybody sees you sking acroos that bog will stay clear of you anyhow. They might figure your loose and worry about getting shot!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©