3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Zwickeys  (Read 3898 times)

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Zwickeys
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm in the same boat as many here. I've used a lot of heads in the past. I was a long-time Zwickey Delta 2 blade user and killed a couple of bears a lot of deer with it. I've also killed critters with Magnus 125 grain 2 blades and Grizzly 125 and 160 grain heads. Lately I've been using Razorcap 200 grain heads on carbon arrows, but I do have some Magnus 125 grain 2 blades mounted on some cedar shafts.

I've never had any trouble with my Zwickey, Magnus or Grizzly heads. I recommend them all as excellent choices.

I still think those Magnus I 2 blades are like meat cleavers though.   ;)
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
alligatordond------you used a Z Delta to cut your daughters umbilical cord? LOL, I don't care what you say----thats Redneck right there! LOL Thats so awesome.

Jeff

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I mount alot of broadheads and I can tell you one difference for sure. Zwickeys quality control is much better than Magnus. I've had oval ferrules in magnus but never in a Zwickey.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Good golly oh molly...talkin BH's can get hot, personally I just started shooting Zwickeys and love em....sometimes its like talkin what team #1...now having said that there are 4 bH's I have ...Modocs 3:1 ration BH...WW or Snuffers...and Zwickeys, that fly great and easy to tune for me.  :bigsmyl:    :wavey:    :thumbsup:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
What I always tell guy's is when your broadheads have been around as long as Zwickey's have,then you can come talk to me.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
I have used and like Zwickeys, Magnus, Ribtek, Phantoms, and Snuffers. I like Grizzlys but find sharpening them to be a minor pain in the posterior. My biggest deer fell to a Delma MAII(not a head I recommend due to ferrule splits but it worked fine on that deer.) I'm going Javie hunting in a couple of weeks. My heads? Eclipse. Is the teflon coating essential? Nah. Will it help? Maybe. I want to try 'em. if they work well I'll tout 'em simply because I like Blake Fischer and wish him success.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
I used the Eclipe 145's last year to take quite number of critters. Great head as far as I'm concerned. I used Zwickeys for a long time before and have had great luck with them.

I think I'll stay with the Eclipse for now, very nicely made head.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©