3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: friendships made, good trades & great people here on T.G.  (Read 824 times)

Offline TomK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: friendships made, good trades & great people here on T.G.
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
Amen brother!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Life Member
PBS

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
ken, you definately refelct my thoughts and feelings too.

I have been the most delayed with many commitments and have been very down about this. There have been many set backs and circumstances that have been reasons why.
I too will deliver and want everything I do to be the best i can do, not in a hurry or shoddy,
Everyone has been very gracious and kind with me about their items and no better place to post than on this thread.

Somethings happened that I have not intended or forseen first with health issues and then several personal setbacks, I never intende for those who have been waiting so long to have waited this long, I promise to follow through...ken you have been waiting the longest and just thankful for everyone's understanding. My beadwork is taking the longest and detail work, I have had a supply shipment that never showed up with some very personal and special items so to try and replace them or make up for them has been also time consuming and lengthy in time.

I have each and every one and doing in order so all who have been so patient and kind to me about this I owe a whole hearted thank you for.

I do not like to promise and not come through when I give a time frame but there have been a string of events that have really set me back and had to make some changes in soem of my projects so all who have been waiting on me, I will deliver very soon.

I love to make things as a therapy in beading and to help our trad family, I just took on alot not knowing what this past year would bring.

Thank you all for all you do and give here on TG, especially friendships that only trad archery seems to be able to attract.

Ken, you are right on and true blue too, like a brother to me. We love ya!

Killdeer, don't ever worry about Frank's parcel, he waits on me all the time and am the last one to expect a timely delivery.

:knothead:    :banghead:    :campfire:    :archer:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Shell, there are a few things in there that are meant for you. You will know which ones.

:bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
... and if you ease over and take a few of Frank's too, well, we'll never tell (and Frank's easy when it comes to Shell - LOL)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mr Vic at the cabin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Yes sir, Our teacher of spirit has spoken and in his posts are lessons for everyone to live by. Nothing matters in this life than the friends will have and the family we love. Everything else is a illusion to ruin our minds and hearts.To bad the rest of the world can't follow this simple rule and follow the lead of many grown men and women of this tradgang family. I'm proud to have the friends i have on here, they have helped me understand alot of things through their actions and words. Vic
"If i could help just ONE person on the good path and see things they did not understand i would feel that i have accomplished something worthy in my life."  Ken Mowery (Adkmountainman)

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
Ken i couldnt agree more!!! this site has some of the kindest, most caring, good natured people ive ever had the priviledge to talk to!!  :notworthy:  

your story about the post office had me laughing out load at my desk!! thats funny, i dont care who ya are!!  :biglaugh:  

ken your posts always seem to be very heartfelt, and well thought out. you are one the special ones here at the gang.. i hope we can meet and shoot someday.. after all, you and herkimerhunter are the closest trad gangers to me..

jamie
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Bowtie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Ken, I totally agree!  I'm fairly new at traditional archery and this site. Within the last two weeks I purchased a recurve on this site, and must confess was a little nervous about purchasing via the internet and not being able to hold the bow in hand.  But, recommendations from friends who use this site and advice from the moderators, I had a very positive experience purchasing my bow. The gent that I purchased from was an A-Okay guy.  Very fair and honest.  I couldn't be happier!
Jerry
The work praises the man.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
thanks to all for the nice words but it is me who is blessed with all of you. i help where i can and have been helped by MANY on this site. i am such a changed person from who i once was and much of it is becouse of a few good friends i have met on here who helped me start my walk on the good path i am traveling now. i don't want to get to far of the subject here but i urge all who experiance feelings of what they percieve to be  coincidence when things happen that they can not explain to think about them, remember them and try to learn from them. i have been gifted with valuable life lessons that at first i precieved as coincidence but after having things finally pounded in my head day afetr day i began to see and hear things that most would over look, most of these coming through lessons by animals who i call my brothers and sisters of the forest. i do not mean to ramble here but if ANYONE at all wants to talk about things they feel and don't undersatnd concerning the great outdoors and its children please feel free to email/pm me. i only go on this rant becouse of a few people on this site helped me so much understand myself and what i refer to as the olds way that flow through me and the echos of the past that flow through me. again this is a great site and i owe much to the many people on here that i call friend, brother and sister. hope this is not to far off line but sometimes i feel things i need to say and rather then question if i should i just follow my heaert as i know it needs to be said for a reason.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
What woodchucker said goes for me too.  Ain't it nice to be able to think that way about sombody in particular and a whole group of folks that you've never met, but feel like you know and can trust!

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
hey ken i know you will get it done no problem. wating for parcels from the states is a nightmare due to our customs officers they are so picky it realy sux. i just wish i could move to the states as it would be easy for every one.   :biglaugh:   ya never know i may be back in a couple of years for another ralph session LOL!!!! opps i mean hunting and fishing this time a lot longer as the first time was to short. i just want to thank bob for putting me up. and it was good meating every one at the george washington forest. even though it was short some were comming as we were going LOL!!!! but i had a good time. thanks every one. oh yeah i got that killie dear. wolfman jeff
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Um...if it's Brown it's down?   :readit:      :biglaugh:  
HA! That's funny.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2008, 05:41:00 AM »

Just funnin'! I still have to see my UPS guy to slip him a Christmas handshake! He does an outstanding job for me.

Killdeer  :thumbsup:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
Ken...just found this...and I'd say that you justify what kindness you find returned...

Folks, I did a li'l ole trade with Ken and told him to whip up a goody box in exchange...well, I've not quite figured out "how" yet, but from the morass of stuff he sent I think I owe him about double the value of what I sent him!!!

It was my "Chrismas" early...there were so many different cool things in there I still haven't absorbed their "zen" karma all yet!

so, Ken..in my book, you give more'n you get.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! now thats way funny killie dear and her ice cream truck  :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
Shell,
      you and Frank are ones taht i am talking about, true friends. if ever i can help either of you with anything it would be an honor, i would be there in a heart beat. i feel fortunate to call you friends.
  Doc,
         glad you enjot the things i sent. i love the gps and it comes in handy. i auctually kept the one you sent and gave away the one i had!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 05:52:00 AM »
Jeff you are SO jealous.  :readit:

Killdeer   :saywhat:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©