INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Third Annual TradGang Knife Swap! - SEE MY POST ON pg 17!  (Read 10123 times)

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Third Annual TradGang Knife Swap! - SEE MY POST ON pg 17!
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »
Here is a couple of pics of the cool little knife and crossdraw sheath Caveman IL sent me.
 THANKS Larry!

I reckon so

Offline z-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Prarieboy, got the knife today. Love the sheath with the copper rivets. It goes really well with the knife (top knife on page seven of this thread).  
Thanks, Eric

Offline Wampus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
Got mine from Prarieboy too.  There's a pic on page 7 of this thread, nice trailing point hunter with contoured elk handles.  Solid manly feel to it, can't wait to get it bloody.  Thanks!

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »
I got my knife in the mail today from Skullworks.  Man what a nice knife.  He posted photos of the three he made on page 9.  I received the zebra wood handled one.  This knife will definitely see some use.  Not only is the knife great but the sheath is top notch.

I will try and get some photos of it again and post them.  My batteries are dead in my camera tonight.  Thanks again skullworks.  This knife is a real dandy.

Aaron

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »
I have received both knives, 1 from Mike Gerard (Owlbait) and one from David Ricke.Man o man has Tradgang smiled upon me.Two very fine knives.Mike Gerards is a very fine damascus blade with a swept belly and a very nice pinned whitetail handle with a track burned into the bottom..He also made a heavy duty sheath as well.Daves is an out of this world full tang beauty with what appears to be cocobolo scales and yellow spacers.It is a knife which I wish I had made myself.It is straight outa my dreams.The horizontal sheath tops it off.Also everything that I would want in a sheath had I custom ordered.Sorry fellas no pics yet but soon to come.
              Thank You, Izzy

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
Thanks Izzy,
I received your knife today. I wish I had your skill of matching antler handle to blade length and have it blend and fit so well. Really like the damascus blade and brass guard as you can tell from the one i sent you. I won't promise pics but will try to get some.
Thanks for letting me participate,
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Caveman IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
z-man,
    I got your knife today.  You did great on the handle,  nicely shaped, neat brass pins-- fits the hand well. I'll post a pic later today. Thanks, I really like it. I think it'll work great for skinning or butchering. Larry

Offline Caveman IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Here's the z-man knife

Larry

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
I got mine from ALW today, got one more coming and I will post them both at once. Thanks again for the knife Aaron!
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline prarieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I got mine from z-man today too.The first knife He ever made HOW AWSOME is that!Thanks Z
 C-Ya Bob

Look up!It's ALL above us.

Offline z-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2009, 11:48:00 AM »
I got a box from MYSTIKBOW today. It contained an awesome antler and obsidian blade knife. It will go nicely with the rest of my trad collection. Picture is the top knife from MYSTIKBOW on page nine of this thread.
THANK YOU! z-man

Offline Wampus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Here's another pic or Prairieboy's knife.  I like that the clip near the point is unsharpened so there's a nice curved place to rest a finger for small tasks.  The handle is nice and wide and fills the hand for heavy stuff.  So far it's just seen duty on veggies in the kitchen.  Wife likes it also, but too bad...this ain't gonna be no kitchen knife.

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2009, 12:42:00 PM »
Well here's a picture of the knife I got from Skullworks.  He already posted photos of them (which are better than mine) but I thought I'd show it again.  Thanks again for the knife.  I hope to put it to good use.

Aaron

Offline elkslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »
I got one today from E Parker, with a very unique handle and stone blade. Nice knife. I will try the pics later...

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Mine came from Butts yesterday.  Didn't have time for pictures last night.  Will try to get one and post by Monday.

I like it.

Offline B M A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
I took a break from work and went home for lunch.  Well I received a package from the mailman while I was there.
Inside was a cool knife from Txmoon.  I will get some pics tonight.  Very nice skinner...

Thanks Txmoon

Offline Butts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
Marvin, Glad you like it! Good luck trying to figure out a sheath for it. Ha Ha

Chris
As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path.  George Carlin

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Knife from izzy. Way cool! Thanks izzy!

Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Okie 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
I recieved a nice gift today when I got home. My knife from Dave Hiltz.     :bigsmyl:    He posted a picture of it on page 8. It's the cherry burl handled one. Thanks Dave, it's great! Check out the nice file work. There's an arrow on the tip!
Take a kid hunt'n. (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old?!) Bear Creek Selfbows

Offline JohnHV

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »
Well I got my knife from Skullworks today.  Just a beautiful piece!  I got the one with the "spalted something" handle. LOL The picture below doesn't do it justice.  Thanks Skullworks!   I will put it to good use!

John H.V.
Bent Arrow Forge, LLC
TBG, NGTA, TGMM
"our hearts have heard the low whistle of the flying arrow and the sweet hum of the bowstring singing..." S. Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©