INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: white vulcanized liners  (Read 588 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
white vulcanized liners
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
I am wondering how many of you have used white vulcanized liners on a EDC or user hunting knife and know if it holds up without showing dirt and blood, as they tell us they will?

I'm just really hesitant to continue using it till I have tested it sufficiently, unless someone else has already invented that wheel and knows definitively one way or the other.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: white vulcanized liners
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Quick test:  The next time you cut yourself making knives (seems to always happen to me) rub some blood on the edge and sides of the stuff  :)

I haven't noticed any staining, but mine hasn't seen hard use.  Doug can answer the question.  He has my first knife with the stuff and it's done a few BIG critters.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
Used white spacer material for years ,haven't had any complains or comments on it staining or picking up dirt.
Murray

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:28:00 PM »
excellent. I tried the blood test...it wiped right off...but just wanted to be sure...Thanks!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©