INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Case Buffalo Knife Info wanted  (Read 621 times)

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Case Buffalo Knife Info wanted
« on: May 23, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
Can anyone tell me something about this knife.  Does it have real buffalo horn grips/handle?  Is it antique?  Does it have any great monitary value?
I've never seen one like it before.  As you can see in the picture it came in a wood display box

Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Leon.R

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Case Buffalo Knife Info wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
Dont know anything about it but, I think its completely useless, unsightly, not at all practical....the list of whats wrong goes on and on.
What I can tell you is where to send it to permanently get it out of your sight....
Ill supply my adress when you are ready...
  :bigsmyl:
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Havoc1:
Dont know anything about it but, I think its completely useless, unsightly, not at all practical....the list of whats wrong goes on and on.
What I can tell you is where to send it to permanently get it out of your sight....
Ill supply my adress when you are ready...
   :bigsmyl:  
Thank goodness you came along.  I wasn't sure what I would do with this thing.  Please stay in front of your computer and don't leave for a moment.  I'll be sending and requesting important information diectly.

Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline Leon.R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Just joking, when I grew up we always had Okapi knives as they were cheap and the other alternative was a more expensive folding knife avaliable in the area(Grew up on a farm away from everything), this one had a big 'belly' just like that and for the life of me I cant remember the name but looks very much like that!
Blade was dubble the thicness and heavy and bulky, almost looked as if its not completely closed.
Cheers
PS. Just lost my Stockman so when I see knives I like, I get jealous
Black Douglas 68#
Wing Gull 60#
Hoyt Havoc 80#
Coupla other wheelies.
If ya gonna be stupid, you better be tough!

Offline Steve Nuckels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
Nice knife for sure!  Try a search for Case Folders, as I understand they "Case" are very collectable.

Good luck.
Steve

---------------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline ArrowChucker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
It is the same pattern knife as a Case Bulldog. It is a clasp style jack knife and they were discontinued in 1940. They were reintroduced and produced from 1965 - 1969. As far as value goes I have seen some sell for several hundred dollars depending on the condition. It is a good knife. I don't have one but would like to one day.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
Your pics have been removed so I can't see exactly what you have. I found my Buffalo model in an antique store and it was in a leather belt sheath. It has wood scales. Nice carbon steel blade that takes and holds a great edge. It is based on Cases' pattern #72. They are dated by the number of "dots" found at the base of the blade near the pivot point. Should say CASE XX on one side and the dots are on the other. Mine looks like this:
Hand Made USA

The number of dots represent the year of manufacture beginning with ten dots and one less for each year of production (If my almost defunct memory has not failed me again). They are great knives with a strong folder action that keeps it from closing accidently.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline ArrowChucker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 06:15:00 PM »
The dots were added starting in the year 1970. Every 10 years the design of the word Case is changed and it started over with 10 dots again. If it doesn't have dots it was made before 1970.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©