3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Too many arrow choices  (Read 128 times)

Offline rybohunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Too many arrow choices
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
I've got a new bow coming, its a hybrid longbow, cut a hair past center, 57# @ 27"(my draw) and I'm trying to figure out which carbon arrows to get but there are so many choices. I can cut/build/fletch all my arrows, so I will be ordering shafts only.

This will primarily be used on deer, but is also going with my on my elk hunt so a target 600 gr arrow is desired. I don't want to get too ridiculous in price, but not going to take the cheap route either.

I will probably shoot a 29" arrow, but I'm not real sure of the spine to get. I'm figuring to get the weight, I'm going to need a lot up front so I might need a stiffer spine. I have looked at the GT heritage ones, the carbon express heritage mfx? and maybe even the easton full metal jackets.

Any and all opinions welcome even about arrows other than I listed.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Too many arrow choices
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »
If you are wanting to get a 600 gr. arrow I would try a Carbon Express Heritage 250(.373 spine) and load up the front end with some weight will put you right up there.With carbons I bareshaft tune and the final length is what it is.Carbons don't come in as many spines as wood or aluminum so you pick a carbon spine and you adjust the dynamic spine to your bow by shooting them and trimming the length alittle at a time or add weight.Trying to end up with a 29" arrow can be hit or miss.I find with carbon arrows for me I don't worry about the length but more about how they bareshaft tune.You can get 2 shaft test kits from SRTA in the sponsors classified adds here.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©