INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 4th Annual Knife Swap  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
4th Annual Knife Swap
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
It's that time of year again (you know, to start a knife for the swap).

For those of you who don't really know who I am, I've organized a knife swap around here for the past 3 years.  At it's largest there were over 80 knives swapped between TradGangers!  WOW!

With my shop time constraints I doubt I'll be able to participate in the swap this year (though I'll try) but I can still organize it!

It'll be set up the same as in years past.  You can enter as many knives as you like in the swap.  They can be pretty much anything, as long as you made it (forging, stock reduction, "cheatr" knives, stone knives, etc) - sheath recommended, but not required (leatherworking is a whole 'nother skill to learn).  You'll receive as many knives as you enter.

The deadline for this year will be April 30th

We shouldn't interfere with the St Jude auction with the earlier deadline.  After the entry deadline, names will be drawn at random (ok, the computer randomly does it now) and I'll email everyone telling them who to send their swap knives to.  It'll be a surprise to the recipients.

Here's the point I need to stress: when you finish your knives, email me with the number of knives you're swapping and your mailing address.  Posting "I'm in" on this thread doesn't count   :)    Doing it this way - limiting it to knives that are completed at the deadline - we avoid many of the problems the now-defunct annual arrow swap ran into: guys who received, but didn't contribute and waiting for 6 months after the deadline to receive a knife.

You have a a little over 3 months to complete a knife.  It seems like a lot of time, but believe me it's not!   :)    When you've finished your knives, please email me at

[email protected]

So, who's in   ;)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline prarieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4th Annual Knife Swap
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Thanks Jeremy I'll be lettin You know.Had a ball last year!C-Ya Bob
Look up!It's ALL above us.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
I will definately be letting you know when I get a couple of extra's done.  Sounds like a lot of fun.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline B M A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
I am definately in again.  Appreciate you taking the time in doing this Jeremy.
Brock

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
Gotta get my act together this year. I missed last year and was very disappointed in myself for not making the time.   :knothead:   Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline dave hiltz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
I will try again this year to and will let you know, I hope that whoever gets me will send the knives, unlike last year.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Dave, that's been the one dark stain on this whole swap!  Lawren hasn't been seen on TradGang since June '09.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
i will be in for 1 and maybe a hawk if thats ok and anybody wants one
kevin

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
Im in again.I really enjoyed the last 2.I got 2 awesome knives last year, one from Owlbait and one from Dave Ricke.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by KHALVERSON:
and maybe a hawk if thats ok
I can clean and quarter a deer just as quick with a hawk as with a knife... I don't see a problem with it  :)

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Yeah I wondered where that dude Lawren went to. It's too bad he didn't come through on his end.
 I think I'll get in on this one more time too.
  I'll see what I can come up with.  :bigsmyl:
I reckon so

Offline David Ricke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
Count me in for a knife this year. Knifemaker

Offline chris amos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
I'm in this sounds like a great idea! I'll shoot you an email when I'm done reading all the new stuff!
Don't take life too seriously you'll never make it out alive. Van Wilder
67 Super Kodiak 45#

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
Hey gang,  lets keep this post to knives if you don't mind.  I will post up a hawk swap in this section here in a minute.  I will manage the hawk swap with the same rules as the knife swap.  That way our generous initiator won't have to track two things at once.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
had to bring this back up...this will be my first swap...and i'm very excited..looked at previous years..this is pretty awesome...finished   3 brut de forge today.will cont and pic the best by the deadline.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by MYSTIKBOW:
Yeah I wondered where that dude Lawren went to. It's too bad he didn't come through on his end.
 I think I'll get in on this one more time too.
  I'll see what I can come up with.   :bigsmyl:  
Hi guys., I know lawren very well. I was surprised to see this. I know he ran into some$$ trouble and was working crazy to get caught up. I contacted him when I seen this. Here is his reply back.

Yeah, I sent one that never made it (at least that's what I was told), and started a second one to make sure the guy didn't get stiffed... I ended up moving before I could get it completed. I have finally got my shop sorta set up again, and will finish it up soon ( I have about a dozen others that are far behind on delivery as well... I'll be back around more frequently here soon, had to take care of basic necessities first. Right at the moment, I'm so broke I couldn't scrounge up the 5 bucks to send it if I had it finished. I don't mind making an extra to make sure the guy gets one, I've just been in a hard labor (BAD) place the last several months. Please let everyone over there know I'll be back around soon, and I'll make it right.

He also gave me the OK to give the email to who ever wants its. ZI don;t know whom had a knife coming but he will make it right. But if they want I will give them a knife that I will make...may not be as good as one lawren makes? But I will do my best. Just let me know. thanks<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline prarieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Well Just in case nobody can tell I'm excited like a kid in a candy store about this years swap! So My Meager offering is already dunn.
 Here is all anyone is gonna get to see till they hold it their hand!!!!

C-Yall Bob
Look up!It's ALL above us.

Offline Jon Shade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
I'm definatly going to put a knife in this year! Can't wait!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Will try o get something in for this too. Hope I can get it done.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »
ttt

Is everyone finding shop time??  :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©