3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cock feather in?  (Read 283 times)

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Cock feather in?
« on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
When shooting with the cock feather in, does the direction of helical fletching matter?
Chuck

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cock feather in?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »
No. It makes a difference but it does not matter.(I'm really not trying to be a smart alec-Right helical or left helical each puts the quill in a different location on the perimeter of the shaft ...If the arrow is properly spined the cock fethewr quill won't touch th ebow anyway. the bottom hen gets shelfcontact when shooting cockfeather out but should not have any significant contact when shooting CF in unless the shelf is wide)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 05:21:00 AM »
i dont think it will make much difference RHel or LHel, i recently changed over to shooting cock feather in and seen good improvment in arrows flight! i like it  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »
I think different bows like one way or the other.

Howard
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Matt E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:33:00 AM »
If a bow is tuned properly,it will not matter which way you orient your fletching nor the hand you choose. If your bow prefers one over another, something is wrong with your set up.If you are on the edge of the window of acceptable arrow flight you may see a difference but a minor change in your procedure could cause an arrow to stray from an otherwise good group.It is always best to be in the center of the window. It give you a wider margin to avoid interference.This is my personal opinion of the subject.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
I'm RH and when I fletch with RW I shoot cock feather in and when I fletch with LW I shoot cock feather out.But with tunable nocks on some arrows I adjust them for the best clearence.When I fletched wood arrows with RW I used a TM nock reciever to fletch cock feather straight up would give me the best clearence unless I was making them for my buddy who is LH.

Offline Schafer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
I have always shot with the cock fether on the outside because that was the way i was tought.
“There’s more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” - Fred Bear

53@29 Randy Morin Banshee
66@29 Schafer Silvertip

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
Same as JRY. I am right handed. When shooting RW helical, I shoot cock fetaher in, and then out for LW for better arrow flight.
For me anyway, cock feather in with LW feathers doesnt' fly so good...get a hop off the shelf.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Thanks, everyone.....
Chuck

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©