INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Tippit Knife for St Judes  (Read 418 times)

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tippit Knife for St Judes
« on: April 08, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
To All who have read or emailed me about Helping Frank & Shell:

I think I've over stepped my bounds on this one.  With people hurting in these times due to financial matters or health problems, Trad Gang would be inundated with these requests to help.  Sometimes my heart steps in before my head thinks.

The Prayers/Concerns section is set aside to focus on individuals.  Personal help should be just that...personally between the two parties.  Therefore, I will take care of my business privately and Donate this Knife to St Judes...tippit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this is going to take a bit of explanation since I don't sell my knives.  As you may have heard Sticshooter has had some serous medical issues.  Being one of the many that are unemployed in these hard times, he & Shell don't have any health insurance to cover necessary diagnostics let alone money for day to day expenses.

Now I am sure there are many other Trad Gangers in dire straights! But from my prospective, Shell has been my partner for the last three years on the Shell/tippit sheath/knife combo that has contributed close to $4,000 to St Judes.  Both Stic & Shell are tireless givers to friends & strangers in need.

This knife is just my way of helping Shell who made St Judes my Special Charity    :notworthy:    

Today was the first time I have forged a blade since I gave my forge to my son last October.  I finally finished up my small Ellis 8-HT forge with a Zoeller Z-burner...still working on my own larger vertical forced air forge to do forge welding.  I mounted the forge on an old gas anesthesia machine base for easy mobility.

Here is the first forged blade in six months    :rolleyes:    

I was able to rough grind it today too...5160, 10 inches OAL, flat grind.  Ready to be quenched.  Hopefully it won't warp as I've been grinding my blades much closer to finish before quenching then I used to do    :pray:    

I plan on perhaps a curly maple handle...maybe a hint of the St Judes Project too! Plus Larry Surtees has graciously offered to make an Alligator sheath (from Chris's bow killed gator) along with a few other accoutrements.

When finished, It will be For Sale and payment will be directly to Shell's Pay Pal account.  Anyone interested let me know...tippit.

Moderators: I understand if you need to delete this post.
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tippit Knife for St Judes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Interested... surely you jest  ;)  

Where do I sign up?
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Kevin Evans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
This is great ,been trying to figure out a way to help Frank and Shell.
It won't be very hard to out bid that guy from Montana that makes knives.LOL
That last statment will probally really cost me some how some way ,but thats OK

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
Doc I wish I could get in a bidding war to help Frank and Shell but I can't. I do know those of us that care to can send contributions thru paypal direct to Shell. Vermoster PM'd me the info, as I'm sure you also have it. Please share that info for those that may also want to help as they feel fit. Thanks for what you are doing.
Mike Gerard owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
I'm going back down to Aiken in a week to help Molly round up the horses and headed 'em back to Boston for the summer.  

But I will get some playtime as Jason Knight MS who taught forging, grinding, and knife design at the Smokey Mt Blade Symposium invited my for an afternoon.  He lives about 1 1/2 south of Aiken.  Jason's skills are very impressive plus he demonstrated some really cool tricks at the symposium.  

I'll probably take this blade down there to get his input and maybe a little magic...tippit
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
Mike,

You're right in that if anyone wants to help in anyway.  You can send it directly to Shell's paypal address:

[email protected]
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©