3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cool Springs Annual Bunny Hunt!!! Pics!!!!!  (Read 415 times)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool Springs Annual Bunny Hunt!!! Pics!!!!!
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »
Well the Cool Springs guys all got together yesterday for our annual rabbit hunt. A good time was had by all (to say the least). Lots of arrows were loosed (some actually at rabbits), and 2 beautiful bunnies were taken.

Pictured L-R are Bill W, Danny (Two Hats), Jeff (Nook), Me, Brendon, and Jeff C.

We were blessed with great weather and a friend of Two Hats who was gracious enough to bring his beagles and put up with us all day while chasing Peter Rabbit for us.

I have to say, and I think Two Hats will agree, that shooting a rabbit on the run is as much if not more exciting than shooting a deer! Can't wait till next year!

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cool Springs Annual Bunny Hunt!!! Pics!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »
To get up about seven rabbits and take two was pretty awesome guys....  I had three shots taken.  All in all a great day.  Great shooting Alan and Dan.   Nook
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Offline JWD in VA.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:29:00 PM »
Looks like the weather was much improved over last wknd. Good shootin guys, would love to have been there for the thrill of the hunt for nothing else. We did eat like kings though last wknd., just didn't get to shoot.  Jerry

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:41:00 PM »
Jerry, sorry I couldn't make it out to eat with you guys last week. I've got the bunnies on cooking right now!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »
It sure looks like you guy's had a good time and a successful hunt, thanks for sharing those photo's.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline JWD in VA.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
Allen, have not had fried bunny in way TOOO long. Hope you enjoy and as for the eats last week, I'll be bringing more the next time I make it back up ya'lls way. I didn't get this big from missin meals, HA Enjoy the bunny, happy trails     Jerry

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »
Jerry, you just missed it! Me and Kyle (Green Arrow...aka "the Hippie") just had a bunnie feast! They were delicious, hope to see you at Dixie next month.

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
Great stuff!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
Very cool, and I agree shooting at and hitting a running bunny is very cool!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Nice job fellas...looks like a great day of hunting.   :thumbsup:    ;)
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Two Hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »
Hey guys...Thanks Cool Springs gang again for making time for our annual bunny hunt.We have been at this for a few years now and after finally getting one of those little rascals I know now it is possible.[For me]What a charge hitting one of those little bullets on the run.
You would have thought i shot a pope and young something,boy was that exciting.I actully heard the thump of the arrow hitting him.HA dropped him in his tracks.....
Congrats A>S> on your kill as well.
An Angel once wrote: Many people will walk in and out of your life,but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart!!

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
Bow hunting is usually such a solitary adventure.  Bunny hunting is quite a different game.  When Two Hats tagged his bunny I thought He had been injured.  All the yelling, whooping and dancing; I felt sure he had stepped on a rattle headed copper moccasin.  Too Funny...

Jeff  :biglaugh:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Dancing?  Huh...never would have thunk it, bad knees and all.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Yeah, I thought I was excited when I shot mine. That is until Two Hats shot his a few hours later!!! Man what a rush. Can't wait to do it again.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©