3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Oregon Elk  (Read 197 times)

Offline IDABOW

• Trad Bowhunter
Oregon Elk
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Would anyone be willing to shed some light on Eastern Oregon Elk hunting zones near the town of Joseph.  I'm looking at the Imnaha and Chesenmis areas for Elk.  Is one area better than the other?  Is one area easier for out of staters to draw?  Thanks.
Idabow

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Oregon Elk
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
Did you check with the state?
 http://www.dfw.state.or.us/
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
You might call or e-mail Ron King of Fox Archry as he lives and hunts in that area.

The elk in my avatar was taken in the Eagle Caps wilderness area naer Joseph, OR.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »
Chesnimus has been hurt by the cats and bears. A friend of mine hunted it a couple of years ago. He watched a large cat run a deer right through their camp one day! They used horses and got back in a ways and hunted hard for 5 days. They never say an elk. He says he won't go back. It used to be a good hunt. When the good citizens of the state, mostly all larger city dwellers, voted NO hunting with dogs or baiting bears the tables turned against elk and deer.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline IDABOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Hey guys,
Thanks for the input, I think I'll talk to Ron King when he comes to Boise for the Western Expo. later in Feb.  I did check with the state but wanted to hear from some of you who actually hunted or heard about the area.
Thanks

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »
I hunted with Shaun Webb in 2003 in the Eagle Cap wilderness. Shaun killed a nice 5 x 5   We hunted up near POP creek. I realize its all ready been 5 years. ( wow where does the time go) but it was an excellent place then. If you go deep enough in by horse or foot, you won't have much competition.
Make a life, not a living

Offline bsh_jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
No elk in either of those units.  In fact, all the elk in Oregon and Idaho fell over dead of strange diseases or were eaten by rabid wolves and cougars years ago.  I'd say you ought to look at hunting in Utah or Colorado rather than wasting your time around the headwaters of the Imnaha.

Brannon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©