INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Lil' Shaver  (Read 330 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The Lil' Shaver
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
3" blade, 6 1/4" OA, W-1 high carbon Tool steel, Stag grips, carried in a neck sheath.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Lil' Shaver
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Ron you sure are keeping Mr. Matteo busy these days.  He does some great work and it was a pleasure getting to meet him this past weekend.    :thumbsup:
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
Yes, Ole Carlton certainly knows his steel and how to form it...as do many others here on this forum.    :notworthy:  I wish I had that kind of talent.  

You saw the Skinner last weekend, here's the Shaver next to the Skinner for size comparison.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline arrowflipper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
I like that size.Nice work,and the sheath looks like great leather too! I'am sure it will be a winner!

Offline Jason Hansen

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 11:22:00 PM »
Another great knife Ron. I'll be placing my order soon, my LaClair Skinner needs a companion!   :)
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Reggie Catfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Very nastalgic- both knives look like they've got a story to tell

Good job Ron

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
both knives look like they've got a story to tell  
I'm hoping they will after this fall...   :campfire:

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Those are some nice looking knives.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©