3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: restarting pains  (Read 214 times)

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
restarting pains
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
i can definatly tell that i aint shot my bow since October! my shoulder is kinda tingling, and my left arm got to shaking and hurting, my finger of my drawing hand went through a cussing fit (dont help that i shoot barefinger either and that it was a little on the cool side..), and turkey season opens March 15.
this will be my first year going at it with a bow, so im getting back into better shooting shape early.

im wondering wether or not i want go go agead and get new arrows now or wait till after TS. all kinds of things.....
anyone else going through these pangs?
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: restarting pains
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »
Well,I was out of action for 13 years. I guess I resemble some of that...   :rolleyes:

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Take your time and resist the urge to shoot too much too frequently. If you injure yourself it will put you back much further than taking your time will. I would not change anything (new arrows) unless you need to.

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
ive stil got 2 or 3 Grizzlystiks that i have yet to fletch, so i guess ill just keep using them for a while.

yeah, when i start to shaking i just quit, i made the mistake of shooting  on top of shooting one summer and when i quit for 3 days i still shook when i drew back on the first draw. (compound set at 53#s, wasnt a problem to shoot, i just screwed up during practice....)
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
What poundage!!!!!start light work up...I found a good Chioprator...he worked miracles for me... :)   :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©